We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Alan McLaren
  2. General Discussion
  3. Sunday, 15 December 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
I am trying to use more than one layout made from a T3-Blank to a T3-Blank_Clone. How do I get it to List in Template manager so I can choose?it. Or how does one go about choosing a Template layout saved under a different name?
Image attached.
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Alan McLaren,

Please read again my post, you may need to read some books or documents about Joomla.

Joomla has Template, and Template Style concept.
T3 Blank is a template. And as in your screenshot now, you have two T3 Blank template styles including T3 Blank - Default and T3 Blank - Default (2).

So then, for position, you can just select the position in T3 Blank group (as in your picture). It will work for any Template Style of T3 Blank template.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi Alan McLaren,

Yes, you can just duplicate it.
By select the T3 Blank template and press Duplicate button on toolbar.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Super User,

How does one go about choosing the other cloned Template and its positions?
I have many cloned versions of this template but no idea how to use them for anything other than one.
Where are you talking about making a duplicate, in "Layout" or "Template Manager" or somewhere else?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Alan McLaren,

As your screenshot, it should be in Template Manager.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Thank you.Super User,

Now I have a duplicate of the T3 Blank Template. See attached image. Now I can adjust the duplicate template in "Template Manager Edit Style" under the Layout tab.

Now all this is done,..... I am thinking I only have a choice of one template to use at a time anyway. Is this true? Can more than one template be used on a site.

Now is my hard part. Be cause I am not understand some things. If I use one template for Home and another Template(All same version of T3) for the rest of the pages(menu choices). I do not know how to choose positions for the Duplicate T3 template as it is not listed in the position choices although the other template positions are. Is this the wrong style of thinking?

I am attaching another image of a basic template style I would like to achieve but unsure as to how to go about it. Can this be done with a single template?
Attachments (3)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Alan McLaren,

Joomla has Template, and Template Style concept.
T3 Blank is a template. And as in your screenshot now, you have two T3 Blank template styles including T3 Blank - Default and T3 Blank - Default (2).

Each Template style is a profile, which contains some settings and can be assign to a menu item (page).

You should set T3 Blank - Default as default Template style (has yellow 'star')
For T3 Blank - Default (2) ( I think it should be better to rename it to T3 Blank - Home), please open it, select 'home-1' or any other layout which you want in the dropdown)
then assign it to Home menu item (Assignment tab)

Note: You can select a layout for T3 Blank - Default too. Basically, T3 Blank - Default and T3 Blank - Home should have different layout.
I would recommend you to read a book about Joomla if you want to understand more about Joomla template concept.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Good Day Super User,
It has taken some time to get back to you.

I have found how to assign a menu to "T3 Blank - Default (2)".
But when I go to assign positions {example - a Module), the template is not listed under "Position"
"Position" for all other Templates are listed Under "Position"
Not sure what to do?
Alan
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Hi Alan McLaren,

For position you can:

1. Open templateDetails.xml and add your new position name in the <position> tag (you should see some positions already define there)
2. Just enter the name of position in position list box.

Please note: the position will be list under T3 Blank or Custom group.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Admin, Thank you for your reply.
I think I am missing something here. If I put a "Menu" item pointing to a cloned page (T3-Default_Home) because it is now a choice, this is where it gets fuzzy for me. I see how you described adding a new position and how this may help me. I do not understand why all other templates are listed with their position yet this one is not. Am I to understand that if I can "Menu" the items to the cloned template that I can choose positions from the "non-cloned original" and this will work? I am not sure I understand how a cloned template works with regard to positions.

Alan
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi Alan McLaren,

You make me confuse also.

http://www.clipular.com/c/5519963120992256.png?k=JTI4lPBc0dH8bnP5BCHYbzSVUe8

If you add a <position>[position-name]</position> in your templateDetails.xml, your new position will be list on Position list as the screen shot.

I am not sure that we are talking about the same topic. Please capture a screenshot and describe your problem more detail so I can give a right suggestion.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Admin,
I am attaching an image to help with my question. You are right it does sound confusing. I am hoping the image tells a better story.

You will see all the "Templates" listed. You will see that when assigning "Menu" choices that they are all available.

* When I get to choosing a position "T3-Blank_Home" is not on the list. Should it be there or do I ignore this fact and assign the "Position" according to "T3-Blank_Default" and it will work on "T3-Blank_Home".?

I am also wondering how all of this will affect the "Menu" setup" with T3-Blank_Default".

Thank you for your help.

Alan
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Admin,
Thank you for your answer plus the reading part. I will now spend some time on this.

Cheers,
Alan
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 11
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.