We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. jonathan rosenbaum
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Monday, 20 January 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
I just updated my T3 framework and template and for some reason these module positions that I had hiding on normal and wide are showing up no matter what. Any clue where I should look to fix it??
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi jonathan rosenbaum,

The overwritten only occur if you are modify any file in the template package.
If you create a new theme and add your less file for it. It should be ok.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Let me add to that... Hide or show doesn't work anymore. so anything I am hiding from the template properties in the responsive section no longer works. I've narrowed it down to the plugin. I've updated the template, but for some reason the plugin breaks this feature.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi jonathan rosenbaum,

Please try to re-compile LESS to CSS to see the problem is fixed or not.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
nope. completely destroyed my template. I had a backup so I could put it back. Are we allowed to customize the template? you know change/add css, blocks or positions? it goes back to the theme for the site.

I just went back to the previous version, then I installed the new one. (that changed the template) then I recompiled the less. I also just turned off Theme magic.

I just replaced the template.css and template.responsive.css ( I think I had changed some others a touch, but really only those). it looks ok, but the sections don't hide and show still.

I'm quite concerned about future upgrades. This site isn't live yet, but if it goes live and I need to upgrade I can't have the theme get messed up.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi jonathan rosenbaum,

I do not know what you have make changed.
Most of our template should have much problem when upgrade it.

Please make sure you include this \plugin\system\t3\base\less\grid-ext-responsive.less in one of your less file (template-responsive.less)

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
that file is there. I had gone back to 1.4.3

After seeing your message I thought I would try. I went to extensions and updated the plugin and template. It ruined my site style, then I uploaded the 2 css files to bring it back.

But I still have the issue of not hiding/hiding.

So I compiled less. it destroyed the design, so I uploaded those files. and it still doesn't work.

I guess I'll have to stay with 1.4.3. This site will go live soon and I don't want to have the site go down to update things.

I thought this was supposed to be a starter type of template. that I could style it and such. If it erases the style every time I update then I can't do that.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi jonathan rosenbaum,

Most of less files will be overwrite when you upgrade. All changes you make to less file will be overwritten.
The best practice is using your our theme. You can add your style in less file in your theme folder.

It is safe to keep v1.4.3, though.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
ok, I'll stay with 1.4.3 if it ain't broke don't fix it.

But I am curious. I only changed the 2 files, but it was over written. Now they were in the main directory in css, rather than in a theme. So are you saying that it won't overwrite the files in the theme directory? Just wondering for future uses.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
hello friend, create new name for their blocks and include the call with the new names on the theme that should be created by you, the different themes of the package.

Default Theme> create default-custom (new name for your theme)
mainnav-> create mainnav-p (new name)
spolight-1> create spolight-1a (new name)
home-1> create home-1a (new name)

That way you can keep using the. Package template or css of your theme, and customize your css is in custom.css.

All model files back to the original state after the update, but giving new name, they are not found to replace the update installation. Try doing a test with old package, renaming the blocks and calls the theme used by you, and you upgrade to see if it works.
  Resende - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.