We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. jonathan rosenbaum
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Tuesday, 18 February 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
I want to make a long module where I put the navigation. This would be about a span3 and the rest would be span 9. Then when it goes to tablet or small it would collapse the nav area and make the rest span12.

I saw this site (not T3) but was wondering if I could do that.
http://www.armstrongair.com/products/coils/

As I look at the layout in the T3 configuration I don't see how I can set that up.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Have not tried doing this, but i create an menu from the side, and repeating these same menu items in mainnav, linking menu items in mainnav with links system (would be links from the sidebar menu items) .

Using css I would not allow viewing of mainnav on some devices , and when the time came to enter the collapso I show mainnav and hide the side menu -> hidden <-.

Good luck, it does not hurt to try, I see more difficulty if you are using sub-menu items, if you do not use sub-menu items, I believe that "might work."

Do a test. Within 20 minutes you can create what you need for do a test.

You can also do this with sub-menus, you only have a little more work.

Sorry if this does not work. But the most right person to answer this question would be the admin.
  Resende - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
well, I got some ideas on the fact that you can hide for different sizes. What I"m curious about is how to make a block so that it has the left side. I"m guessing I can modify one of the content blocks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
You can use a block with 3 spolight . The first will be the menu , the second and third , you can add what you want .

An example for you to test :

When you assign more than one module to the same position and on the same page , they are one above the other without conflict . You can use it to level and all have the same height as the position that will get your menu ( stay on the same level ) . If the menu stay in spolight 1 and is too high, you assign two modules to position in spolight 2 and 2 more modules to position in spolight 3 . These were taller and can level with your menu spolight 1 .

Or you can create a separate block , but it must be on their own divs . Because if you use the same bootstrap classes , they will behave the same, and they do not have a defined height . If you are using a bootstrap class and set a time for it , will affect the rest of the work. Working with new divs created by you will be the solution , but you have to define everything from the height , width and their behavior on smaller screens , resizing them, so it will be a bit more work .

If you are using joomla 3 , you may also have some success with the module grid of Gavick . You , and you only need to fit the positions , gathering .

Problem : This module does not provide grid of Gavick margin between the blocks of the grid ( at least I have not found it , but just did a test with it ) , v so you must assign manually , but you can do this in your custom . css
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi jonathan rosenbaum,

T3 Bs3 Blank has one-sidebar-left.php layout.
From T3 Bs3 Blank, just public the module to the 'sidebar1' position.

http://demo.t3-framework.org/joomla30/index.php/en/layout/sample-layouts/left-sidebar-content

If you want to hidden the left sidebar, just add hidden-xs

<!-- SIDEBAR LEFT -->
<div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-left hidden-xs col-sm-4 col-sm-pull-8 col-md-3 col-md-pull-9 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar']) ?>">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
</div>
<!-- //SIDEBAR LEFT -->

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Friend , here you put a block to your menu , follow what the administrator said. Left a mainbody block with sidebar- 1 (left ) and content ( right) . This sidebar is that I grind with the code to get fixed at the top of your page . You can embed your content in the blocks below , taking care not to insert modules in positions below position sidebar- 1 . The rest you can use normal.

Follows the css for you to put in your custom css .

affix {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
z-index: 10000;
width:292px!important;
left: 82px;
}

Now go templates/t3-bs3_blank/tlps/blocks and create a copy of mainbody -content -right and the name mainbody -content -right- p .Open your copy and put this code inside :

<?php
/**
* @package T3 Blank
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
*/

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
?>

<?php

// positions configuration

$sidebar1 = 'sidebar-1';

$sidebar1 = $this->countModules($sidebar1) ? $sidebar1 : false;

if ($sidebar1) {
$this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-left-p', array('sidebar1' => $sidebar1));
} else {
$this->loadBlock('mainbody/no-sidebar');
}

?>

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Now go templates/t3-bs3_blank/tlps/blocks/mainbody and create a copy of one- sidebar -left and the name of one- sidebar -left- p . Open this file and replace the code for that

<?php
/**
* @package T3 Blank
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
*/

defined('_JEXEC') or die;

/**
* Mainbody 2 columns: sidebar1 - content
*/
?>
<div id="t3-mainbody" class="container t3-mainbody">
<div class="row">

<!-- MAIN CONTENT -->
<div id="t3-content" class="t3-content col-xs-12 col-sm-8 col-sm-push-4 col-md-9 col-md-push-3">
<?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
<jdoc:include type="message" ></jdoc:include>
<?php endif ?>
<jdoc:include type="component" ></jdoc:include>
</div>
<!-- //MAIN CONTENT -->

<!-- SIDEBAR 1 -->
<div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-1 col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-sm-pull-8 col-md-3 col-md-pull-9" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="250" <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar1']) ?>>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar1']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
</div>
<!-- //SIDEBAR 1 -->

</div>
</div>
------------------------------------------------------------

Now open your model working in templates / tpls and replace the line that makes the call for mainbody

Put offset-top = "250" for a smooth transition.

Do a test on your model with this set that I gave you.
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Your position sidebar-1 will be equal to that page sidebar-2.
http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#affix
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Do not forget to adapt to smaller screens for css
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.