We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. anand mahey
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 18 March 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi, i'm extremely new to LESS and Bootstrap.

As i understand it, Bootstrap 3 is a CSS responsive framework.
LESS is alot of the commonly used CSS codes compiled in different files (variables for colors etc, layouts specifics, hovers) which come together when LESS is compiled to CSS.

I really don't understand the part where a div class is automatically assigned. For example, i tried searching for
div class="logo-text"
(I'm using T3_BS3_Blank), expecting it to be found in a php file where it would have been declared already, but could not!

I'm so confused at this point. So ok, "logo-text" was probably compiled from LESS to CSS, but how did logo-text know it was supposed to form a div for the logo title (Text Logo)? I would really like to understand this, if someone could please guide me.

I'm trying to create a banner position, did the whole blocks creation etc.... But then, how did the above logo-text thing happen? where is
div class="logo-text"
declared?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi anand mahey,

The tag <div class="logo-text"> can be found in templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/block/header.php

For less style of .logo-text, you can find it in templates/t3_bs3_blank/less/style.less

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I see it now. the div is still declared. In this case, $logotype variable was used, hence "logo-text" could not be found. Thank you for clearing this up :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.