We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Reza
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 05 May 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi, I am new in T3 and I don't know how I should start. I know completely about bootstrap. I know CSS, HTML, Javascript and I can design my Template without using T3 easily! but I want to start using this framework. I saw all of "Video Series" and most of Documentation and I think I understood exactly how T3 is working and how I can change it. I know I should create my Layout and load my Blocks and in each block, I should define my HTML and positions and I should change TemplateDetails.xml and I can use custom.css and so on...
but when I want start designing my template, exactly at the start point, I should stop and search for so many unknown things!
for example, now I was designing this template: http://amya.ir/demo/website/iranmetafo_2014/
I created my "Layout" and I did load my block in it to design my top red bar. here is my block details:

<?php
defined('_JEXEC') or die;
?>
<!-- HEADER -->
<div id="section1">
<div class="container">
<div class="row">
<?php if ($this->countModules('position-0')) : ?>
<div class="col-md-12">
<!-- //Top Right Position (Search and Usefull links) -->
<div class="pull-right">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('position-0') ?>" style="xhtml" />
</div>
<!-- //Top Right Position (Search and Usefull links) -->
</div>
<?php endif ?>
</div>
</div>
</div>

and it is working true. I decide to hide "top red bar" in xs size and I follow this directory:
"joomla administration/template manager/t3_bs3_blank - Default/Layout Tab/Responsive"
but I can't see the "eye Icon" to disable visibility of this position!!! and as I told, I read most of documentation but I didn't find any thing about some issue like this one!

is there any "Step By Step tutorial" to create "New web template" completely?
all of documentations on T3-framework.org are only note to "how to". there is no completely 0 to 100 designing tutorial.
Do you know any tutorial in this way?

Thanks a lot for reading and your reply!

Reza Amya
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Reza,

If you want a position that can be configured in responsive layout (enable/disable in specific responsive layouts), when define the position the block, please make sure it has the code:

<?php $this->_c('your-position') ?>

Example:

<?php if ($headright): ?>
<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-4">
<?php if ($this->countModules('head-search')) : ?>
<!-- HEAD SEARCH -->
<div class="head-search <?php $this->_c('head-search') ?>">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('head-search') ?>" style="raw" />
</div>
<!-- //HEAD SEARCH -->
<?php endif ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules('languageswitcherload')) : ?>
<!-- LANGUAGE SWITCHER -->
<div class="languageswitcherload">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('languageswitcherload') ?>" style="raw" />
</div>
<!-- //LANGUAGE SWITCHER -->
<?php endif ?>
</div>
<?php endif ?>

About documentation, your suggestion is great. Do you have any further suggestions? When you build a template, what is the procedure ...

Gardner.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.