We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Kane
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 09 June 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi guys

I have tried my best to find out why I am having the issue that I am but I don't have an answer yet. I am putting it down to the T3 framework but as I do not understand it enough yet I am not getting anywhere in solving it.

I have a template that was given to me to use for a website an associate wants help with. Currently I am exploring it and becoming familiar with it. This is my first time working with a fully configured template so there is a lot of reverse processing going on. I have two instances of the template running. One is in a subdomain and the other is in the main domain. I am playing with the one in the main domain for now.

In testing out the T3 backend I attempted to swap out the logo with another one that was about 4 times the size as the one in place. This caused some surrounding containers to go haywire. I swapped it back to the previous logo within the backend but alas this did not reset the display of the surrounding containers and their elements are permanently out of place.

I checked the css files to see if a change was caused there but the files are still identical to the other instance files, but this is probably typical. The changes lie in the class specifications within the containers that control these surrounding elements. They have been changed somehow and I do not know where or how. I can see these changes within Firebug. I have since worked out a temporary solution for changing the logo and that was to just give the new logo the old logos name. This created no issue. However, I did obviously reduce the size to match the old one. To go on I could just re-image the whole site and use this method but I want to understand it.

The answer I need at the moment is: How is the backend affecting my files even when reverting back to the original logo file and which files in particular do I need to pay attention to when tracking the backend changes?

I am still learning PHP but I understand it and I can follow the code pretty well but I now have a challenge that is beyond me. I appreciate any assistance that can be offered. Please see below links to the working hosting location

Links removed as no longer showing problem

Thank you
Kane
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi again

I figured out where the problem lies. The file /etc/layout/default.ini was empty somehow. Empty as in it had no content so no layout settings existed. I still don't know what caused this file to be erased but that's what threw out my page styling.

Regards
Kane
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.