We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Guest
  2. Motivator Hole-in-One Smile Seeker
  3. General Discussion
  4. Tuesday, 10 June 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
Like T3 and have built a nice site with it. Have just forwarded the old .com address to the new .co.uk address where we had built the new site.

Works fine. Accept if I do "forwarding with masking" the site is presented as a standard web page and is no longer reponsive!

Is this a T3 issue or a Joomla Issue?

I want responcive but I also want to mask the .co.uk with the .com? But I cant have both at the moment.

Many thanks
Colin
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Colin,

Please make sure the feature "Responsive" is enabled in your template style back-end setting panel. It's great if you can send your old and new site URL so I can have closer check.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner thanks for responding.

So the site with joomla T3 responive is http://www.chiefexecutivecoaching.co.uk

I want to "forward with masking" http://www.chiefexecutivecoaching.com

Both at Godaddy.

I have changed the forwarding back to just "forwarding" which works bbut shows site as .co.uk

The site is live so it is hard to show you the error as it looks silly on a mobile device . Do you need to see the error? If so I wonder how to show you?

Colin
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Yeah, please show us the error you got with responsive. Leave a screenshot for us. Everything is broken in responsive or just some elements?

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi
The best way to see the error is to reduce the width of the window which normaly is responsive and therefore adjusts as you narrow and then produces the button menue when you get to tablet size or below.

On my iphone the responsiveness works fine with forwarding only.

When I switch to "forwarding with masking" then the .co.uk remains responsive but the forwarded .com becomes one large image that scales down as you reduce the width. This makes it unresponsive and almost unreadable.

I have just altered the forwarding at 13.00 GMT so give it an hour for change to effect and I will leave it for one day and then change it back.

So change has taken effect now and .com appears respnsive in safari and firefox.

However on my Iphone and android phone, it presents as a whole page and does not reduce responsively and does not bring up the menue button.

Also there is somestrange things going such as menue item about / Management team. I sometimes get half the page and sometimes all the page?

Also it seems to be blocking my email module now as that has stopped working!
Hope that makes sence

Many thanks for your help
Colin
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I think it's because of your hosting, server, not from template.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Thank you for looking/trying, I will leave it as forwarding only and accept that, i think, unless you have any other suggestions? I have had two discussions with Hosting dba's who have tried different things without success. Maybe someone else who hosts at Godaddy knows the answer.
Thank you
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Hi Colin.

We did have issue with Godaddy, here is the issue: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?96402-No-input-file-specified.-JA-Argo-template&p=414691
It may not relates to your issue. Anyway, you can ask for technical support from Godaddy.

Gardner,
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.