We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Sui Page
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 12 July 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Is there a way to remove the LESS compilation functionality from this framework it's not something I'm used to.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello Sui,

I'm not sure you can "turn off" less, but if you are more comfortable with styling using CSS, you can add a custom CSS file that will override any styles defined using the core LESS files.

To add your own custom CSS take a look here.

I've used this method to make changes including dimensions of my logo image as well as link colors.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Sui,

If you are sure you won't use LESS for that website, just switch it off in Template Manager.
In that case, instead of editing the .less files located in /templates/your_template_name/less directory, you can just directly edit all .css files located in /templates/your_template_name/css directory

But beware : if later on you feel like playing with LESS... and if you click on the "compile LESS to CSS" button, all your customized css files will be overwritten by new ones derived from the LESS files.

Yours,

Marc

PS :
LESS is very intuitive. Advantage is for example you can define a color in a variable like @my_official_color... and even if this color appears in 100 places, you just have to edit it in one place...
Even better, LESS allows to use functions, like darken or lighten a color by x%. So it makes your work faster because you don't have to manually compute those things.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.