We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. robjen
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Tuesday, 15 July 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

At times users will want to add their own module styles as well as their own template styles. For example, rather than use a custom.css file I would want to add them into the template.css.

At the moment you can only compile basic colour changes using Theme Magic. I want to develop my own module styles using modules.less and my own styles for the template using (styles.less). There may also be other changes that I, or other users will want to make down the track.

My question is: As Theme Magic can't be used to make these changes what is the best way to compile those less files to css files and then incorporate them into the template.css file.

Regards,
robjen
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I get your point, the button "LESS to CSS" button compiles all .less file, not only the theme colors so your customization style in .less file will be compiled to CSS.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Yeah, for module customization style, we recommend add the override style to the template.less or module.less in the "templates/your_template/less". By adding to the .less files, your work will not be lost when compiling LESS to CSS.

If you want to use CSS, you can add customization style to the custom.css file. The file is not overridden when compiling LESS to CSS.

Using ThemeMagic is best for global style, not really good for a specific module as it takes time to add new fields and only apply for one module, it seems a waste.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hello Gardner,

Thanks for your help.

Let's say that I make changes to the less files in my template, for example, modules.less and say create a new styles.less file.

How can I then re-compile all the LESS files back to CSS files.

I think the LESS to CSS button in the Template Manager only compiles Themes.

How do I compile more than just theme colours?

What program do I use to recompile new and altered LESS files and create a new template.css file.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,
robjen
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.