T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Stefan Gofferje
  2. General Discussion
  3. Sunday, August 24 2014, 05:39 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

when tring to update from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 through the Joomla update component, I get the message "Error - Invalid extension update". Manual install fails also. And I actually see the plugin twice in the update component. Running J!3.3.3.

-S
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Gardner Luna Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Stefan,

It's the first time you upgrade or other versions works fine, just the 2.3.1 version?

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Stefan Gofferje Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
No, I'm running T3 on the website pretty much from the beginning since January and I did every upgrade. All upgrades went ok yet although sometimes they needed some human touch afterwards, e.g. when the breadcrumbs changed.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I checked it also, yeah, using Joomla update does not work properly. You can use JA Extension Manager, it's free. It's the best tool for upgrading JA products. After installing to your Joomla system, go to Components >> JA Extension Manager, in the Services Manager tab, select JoomlArt as your default service. Next, find T3 system plugin, check for new version the hit the Upgrade.

The advantages of the component is that, it has back-up file for each time you upgrade so you can restore if you want. You can also check for new files or changes of files, etc.

Here is the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6W0bM0duS4

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I think, the problem should be fixed rather than requiring the installation of yet another addon. Every addon increases the complexity and the risk of incompatibilities as well as the risk of security hole.
It is also notable that manual installation of the 2.3.1 plugin fails also, so you definitely have a bug there!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Stefan,

I agree with you in some way. But the Joomla update is the re-installation upgrade so all your customization will be lost. It's not safe way actually. We include JAEM in all template package because it helps user to upgrade faster and safer. It belongs to our support system and update system. One more thing, Joomla update does not work properly when extension size is large as it has to download full package while JAEM will download new, changed files.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Then the plugin shouldn't appear in Joomla's update manager. The way it is now is very inconsistent...
If I would have known this kind of dependency in advance, I wouldn't have chosen T3 to be honest. Now I have to evaluate what would be the better long-term strategy - move away from T3, which would mean a pretty big redesign, or install yet another extension and risk instability, incompatibility and security flaws...
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the inconvenience but let me make it clear.

1. The update issue is from Joomla, not from our side. The reason is that, the Joomla update can not work with dynamic link.

2. The Joomla update system will notify you when an extension has new version. But it's more used for Joomla default extensions. For paid extension or extensions that require authority to upgrade, you can not update through the Joomla update and for extension that has big size, Joomla update does not work properly also. The most important thing is the way that Joomla update work, it's re-install upgrade method so, that mean the new version will override old version and your customization for the extension will be lost.

We provide the best solutions for user, keep them safe from the risk of losing work.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I disagree.

If you write a plugin that's not compatible with Joomla, the problem is at your side. There are extensive coding guidelines for Joomla. You can't just divert from the guidelines and then say the problem is at the Joomla side if you didn't stick with the guidelines...

Also, if an update appears in the Joomla updater is entirely up to the developer. If the developer doesn't provide the update link in the extension's XML, the Joomla updater will not look for newer version.

Finally, as I wrote, also a manual install of the plugin fails! Means, downloading the plugin from your website and trying to install it throught the extension manager leads to exactly the same problem. So it likely isn't a problem with the updater but simply a bug in the code.

At the moment, I'm very inclined to put up a bug or even a security warning about this issue in my IT security blog...
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi Stefan,

When coding, error happens, we have to accept that. Joomla core also has issues so they have to upgrade to fix those issue when someone reports.

For your concern about manual installation, it works properly from my side and I don't get any issue reported from users. if it fails from your side, please PM me your ftp info and site url with admin account, I will have closer check.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Hi,

unfortunately, there is no ftp access to that server and the site contains personal information of people so I can't just give admin access. I have done a snapshot backup and am currently trying your extension manager. It did complete the update properly and without errors, but I have to do more testing and profiling before I can say if it's a final solution.

-Stefan
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Great to see it works :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 11
landed Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This is a nightmare and honestly gives me no confidence to keep promoting your templates on my developer site.
I have wasted my time with someone on chat.

Is there a way to fix this or not - if not then I will schedule a new template design as I am fed up with the warning that the plugin is old and needs updating. It's over a year now and your not interested it seems.

I have had to register this account as the forgot password isn't working and your chat assistant couldn't help me recover. So thanks for that as well.
I think you have some potentially good products and you are letting yourself down at the last moment.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 12
jaytse Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
ral years - but she happens to be green, not the sun's most warm seven days of the day. You listen to it, 'ah, you bar me!' 'Ah, to die you!' 'Crash' 'bang rattling' ... pencil case, books, flying a classroom. Students have a lot of fishing children. School out, orchards come to the head, that is, how Nike Roshe Run Pattern can not see the marginal sea. Sea breeze rolled white sand, through the long road, from the classroom windows, bedroom New Balance Scarpe windows, living room windows, kitchen windows - uninvited, leisurely fall on my lips, do not go, The taste, alas, my life is the taste buds. And fell on the mother's window outside the radish body, told me to France, as if the dream wake up, alas, my hometown of the sea. - said the fishing school students it They are not convinced. If we go to school late to what, you see, the teachers have a count, are my mother's school sent, approved, punished, but also special attention to the charity posture, cut! And fishermen students, and some live Huludao, not only from school to fly a small fishing boat to the sea, into the sea, and fishing with the weather to go, scraping a rain under what rain, not only light can be late, early Withdrawal, or even a few days do not come to school! When their seats were blank, the teachers had worries about their mothers, and the podium said: Oh, this storm, alas, they are missing. Those days the storm is really big ah, my seat at the window, I looked far from the wind wrapped in rain whistling, all the way to the trees, grass deep down the body, and then deeply back, The wind and rain to the farther me, I sat in the three-story teaching building, watching the wind and rain, crashed blowing, they are gone, I touch a wet face, like a Shed chicken. But my house has radish. Radish is not everything at home. Such as my little dead party, Xia, from Taiyuan; Xiao, from Gansu; wishful, from Jilin Mei River mouth. Are promoted with their parents work, just to smoke near the foreign households, solitary, Timberland Roma Negozio no one local relatives in rural areas, not a four aunt, then home without radish silk. My four aunt moved to my house, not only radish, more peanuts, sweet potatoes dry, chestnut - they then get together to my house to eat radish, eat radish in my cabin get together to do homework, homework finished the sky only white The moon, the lights go UGG Guantes rosado out, we are in the moonlight under the touch of four books tied, side stand in my small bed - my small bed is a single bed, but a broad width. We looked at the four books in the night sky four moon, the moon is very bright, my arm a probe, the moncler outlet bed under the face pocket dig a peanut, dig a sweet potato stem, dig a chestnut, a pass one, points Looking at the moon, while chattering, while eating, and sometimes a dig a radish, dry soft, scattered sea breeze, rain, sediment, sun, nocturnal, dew, fumes - strong smell, Smile, bang a Yang in the air - my brother sleep next door, head red that foot touch the wall, my house late at night burst of laughter let him endure, bang bang bang, aim at us kick, he kicked us Are confused, the moon light, quietly to hide their own white. - left a clean words, quietly floating in the dream, she likes my brother. She said. I did not say. I never said that a boy. The moon is white and quietly hid it. Another day, and another evening. Wishful and I, standing on the stinking river, two people like the sky and sunset, desperate. We say ah, ah, while watching the fire cloud red night gradually bleak, a little bit of light and bright place, the stars of the sky fluttering, a family of the kitchen quietly quiet down. My brother came downstairs to come to my house to eat, wishful, must be dragged me to send her home, to her house downstairs, then said to the black ah, say my way to go home really lonely , I really can not, and then dragged her to send me home, now think ah think ah, who wants to clear ah, who will be sent home? Fortunately, we go the road I was clear, wishful to bring the child with the husband, is going to snow in the vast expanse of Canada. They will live there forever. And I left from his hometown, flash, many years. Canada is a good place to eat radish. Year for half a year, only snow-capped, where there is a Lang when the vegetables can eat. Nike Air Max Shoes Outlet Do you want to eat radish words, ha! what! what! And I live these years Under Armour Curry of the French Alsace region, there is a local dishes, strange and the Zapatos Nike Shox mother's radish braised meat quite like. If you say the difference, where the radish first, is the white radish silk instead of green and white radish. Second: not the sun but a slight salt dip. This taste Well, naturally less dry and radish radish and loud. Radish braised meat eaten, the cheese also removed the seats, coffee dessert on the table, Edmond read the Canada Goose Brookvale Hoody newspaper, I give my mother phone, detail this radish silk how delicious. My mother after a reaction is certainly my mother-style, she said: Well, the family gave you keep, I let you send a woven bag to aunt. Did you know that the size of my four aunt's woven bag?Never want to travel around the world, and I may have a little relationship with anthropology. Travel around the w
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 13
jaytse Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
orite is a team to go to Daguai, a great sense of accomplishment. Later, we played Adidas Scarpe online games have become the right world, linked with the real world, when the fame and fortune, I have no interest. One day the bus to listen to a person to say their own college entrance examination, June test finished playing three months cool. I looked at the boss is not a small look, think of their own college entrance examination was actually in July, feel that they are really much older than the man is not much, to give birth to the waves of sigh. Time to see the arrow, and now look at the college entrance examination only look at the essay title, really feel year after year silly, thinking and speculation is too small, the composition of false large empty too much.Can, such as the lotus smile, quietly blooming in sleep, micro warm and out of reach. --Inscription 10 years of the years, the memory is like a naughty child, accidentally care about, always to toss some, pull the heart and lungs, needle-like in the heart of the nest at the nose, do not make you a few drops of tears also For some of the pain between the heart of the pain, or oath not give up. Fingertips touch a string of familiar numbers, Under Armour Curry desolate subtitles. You write: hair in the dandruff, rice in the sand, behind me behind me. You write: the same dream, repeat more, always thought it is the reality of the existence. You write: I do not find you, you will never take the initiative to come to me, we are not too understanding? You write: five years, a very good person. You write: I miss you! Want to miss If you can see, first: sorry! Second: Thank you! Hope that these words will not bring you trouble. Sorry! I'm fine, you have to be fine! I said: I am also very good ... See, we talk in their own world; Dr Martens Donna but never brave too, or that the brave time never brave too. 10 years later today, even this memory of the burial are so cautious. In this cold early in the early spring, I do not know how far you are like me, like the past, like the past or just stay in that moment fixed into eternal? That afternoon afternoon, nodded, nodded, pass by. The heart of the trance across a touch of light, suddenly Canada Goose Brookvale Hoody turned, like a lotus smile smile that moment spent his eyes, such as spring, hear the sound of flowers is not excessive. Warm sun, the slender fingertips tapping the book, the amount of hair before the wind fluttering, bright eyes, only to get into a reflection, look warm and distant, posture and independent. No, these are actually imagined. In addition to that whisper, I took a decade of memory fragments of the first piumini moncler outlet met you So every afternoon of the warm sun, are the secret of happiness. It is on the white walls of different places, floral curtains, lawns, shadows or bus mottled shadow, unbridledly opened the memory of the gate, accompanied by a wide range of scenes, they always with Can Such as lotus smile. That bit by bit of memory, joy and joy and sadness for a little bit of sadness. How many years to win the wind and rain in the five years, who let you smile from the past, so that your eyebrows together with worry and worry? it's me. I have loved you, no hesitation, you have love deep, but also love to be cold. But if it is not me, it is like a demon, broken angel wings; but if it is not me, maybe Nike Air Max 90 all the finals should be rewritten, you are still you, still hurt will hurt will be angry, and I no longer I. So another five years, did not dare to peek at your facial features, partial reluctant to stay away from Zapatos Nike Shox each other warmth and decided, and then Chuaizhuo Nike Air Max Shoes broken into pieces of the pain, in vain weaving out of each other are good ending The But had to admit that the years are a weapon of wounding; have to admit, when missing a person later, that person's everything is indeed irrelevant to you. Suddenly full of sorrow and grief, rushing out from the fingertips in the past, the eyes will be condensed with a despicable desolate.In this noisy city, busy, people coming and going. But not their own little space, even if it is a small gap. Looking out the window of the sun rises and falls, feeling their youth is irreversible passage. Once the dream, once happy, are buried in this dark city. Do not want to be too tired, just want to be an ordinary and simple people.  Be a simple UGG Botas negro person. Put aside the secular troubles, in the heart to leave their own blank space, do what they like to do. Thirsty to drink water, sleepy sleep, do not force, let it be. A lot of things can not be changed, do not need to change. Lonely boring when the music is comforting. Tired to listen to music, get rid of loneliness and loneliness. Music is the comfort of the soul. Late at night, bring headphones, enjoy a person's world, intoxicated in this happy. And then write a pen to write a mood of the text, record the life of the beautiful bit by bit. Life is so simple.  Be a simple person. Spicy flavored life, laughing flowers bloom. Happy will laugh, sad to tears. Do not force yourself to do something you do not like. Rarely talk about delusion, rarely talk about regret. Yesterday's yesterday, are just memories,
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 14
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.