We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Chamira Athauda
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Wednesday, 03 September 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
I want to have a position for a media player/slider and two modules beneath it WITHIN the Main Body Content BLOCK, above where the 'content' is loaded.

This is because I want the side-menu to be alongside the media player/slider - so putting it in a spotlight position above the Main Body Content Block doesn't achieve that.

Please see the attached image of what I want to achieve. The are outlined in RED is the main content block (and contains a side-bar position), the areas in YELLOW are new positions for media, and the area in GREEN is where the normal page/blog content should start to appear:

http://kandytech.net/images/misc/layout.jpg

I have followed the customization video and tutorial in the BS2 documentation pages, but whether I try to load another spotlight block in to the Main Body Content Block or just simply try to add a custom position - nothing seems to work.

I have cloned the layout, copied the relevant content block file to local/tpls/blocks/ folder, and updated the templateDetails.xml

The only thing that works is that my HTML comment and a new DIV added to the duplicated content block file is appearing!

Here is my code to try to add just a custom position under the content area. This is just to test if the customization is working and not the layout I am after:

1 - In the cloned layout file (local/tpls/ds-default-content-right.php):
  <body>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('mainnav') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('spotlight-1') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('ds-mainbody-content-right') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('spotlight-2') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('navhelper') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('footer') ?>

</body>

2 - In the content block file (local/tpls/blocks/ds-mainbody-content-right.php)

// positions configuration
$mastcol = 'mast-col';
$sidebar1 = 'sidebar-1';
$sidebar2 = 'sidebar-2';
$custom = 'custom';

<!-- MAIN CONTENT -->
<div id="t3-content" class="t3-content <?php echo $this->getClass($layout, $col) ?>" <?php echo $this->getData ($layout, $col++) ?>>
<jdoc:include type="message" />
<jdoc:include type="component" />

<!-- MEDIA MODULES -->
<div id="t3-media-block" class="t3-media-1">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($custom) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
</div>
<!-- //MEDIA MODULES -->
</div>
<!-- //MAIN CONTENT -->

3 - And I have defined the 'custom' position in the templateDetails.xml

4 - BUT when I look at the Layout tab in the T3 template manager - I do not see anything different, the custom position does not appear.

What am I doing wrong?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Please give me time to duplicate your case from my side. I will try to give you solution as soon as possible, could be tomorrow :)

Gardner.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.