We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Kevin
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 21 October 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Maybe I don't know what I'm doing but I thought I would post anyway. I just updated to the newest version of font awesome (4.2). I thought the new update did this but it still has 4.1 css files. Anyway... If I add an icon from 4.2 such as fa fa-paint-brush, it doesn't show up on the mega menu backend, but it does show up on the frontend when you view the page. I've tried recompiling but that doesn't seem to do anything different. Some icons do show up, presumably older ones such as fa fa-home. Is this something I have messed up or is this a bug and how can I fix it ?
Attachments (2)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Kevin,

Our dev team just confirmed again that T3 does not support Font Awesome 4.2 yet, but we are working on this and it would be available in the next version. I am sorry for this.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi Kevin,

Could you please provide t3 plugin and t3_bs3_blank template version ? We did upgrade T3 framework and T3 BS3 Blank template to support Font Awesome 4.2
Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Its the latest version. I installed it from scratch yesterday just to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong with replacing the font awesome files. It's just a local test site to try and get the feel of T3 and joomla. Framework 2.4.0 t3_bs3_blank 2.1.6. Honestly I don't know if it was working before I replaced the css files or not because I was depending on the MegaMenu preview. I will install from scratch again and let you know if it works on the frontend and isn't showing up on the backend.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Its the latest version. I installed it from scratch yesterday just to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong with replacing the font awesome files. It's just a local test site to try and get the feel of T3 and joomla. Framework 2.4.0 Template t3_bs3_blank 2.1.6. Honestly I don't know if it was working before I replaced the css files or not because I was depending on the MegaMenu preview. I will install from scratch again and let you know if it works on the frontend and isn't showing up on the backend.

Just out of curiouosity, I checked the packages for both the plg_system_t3.v2.4.0 and the t3_bs3_blank.v2.1.6 and the font-awesome.css has this as the first line
/*!
* Font Awesome 4.1.0 by @davegandy - http://fontawesome.io - @fontawesome
* License - http://fontawesome.io/license (Font: SIL OFL 1.1, CSS: MIT License)
*/
/*
I don't know if the complete package has these files updated or not as I installed them seperately but it appears that they are both still using the older version of font-awesome.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Any news to fix this issue?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi guys,

For now, T3 plugin does not support Font Awesome 4.2 yet but it will. We will update this soon.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.