T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Stefan Gofferje
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 18 November 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

since some recent update I see a tab "extra fields" in the article edit view in the backend and this tab contains one field which is "extra class". However, changes in that field don't seem to appear anywhere, neither in the blog view nor in the article view. Is this a bug or a feature which is in development?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Stefan,

I think it's not bug. To have extra fields displayed in front-page, it requires some more steps like calling the extra fields in the layout you want (the overridden layouts - templates/t3_bs3_blank/html/com_content/)

Please refer to the documentation: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/extend-com-content#add-extra-fields

Hope it helps you.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi,

thanks for the pointer! The explanation on that page is quite good! However, I have some trouble putting it into use. Basically, I would like that extra class field from the article in the default blog view. Could you point me to the right file for the override?

-S
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Forgot: I'm on Joomla 3 with Purity III.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Stefan,

You wan to display the extra fields in list page or in blog post detail page.
The default blog view files are stored in: components\com_content\views\category\tmpl
Copy the blog.php and blog_item.php files to the folder: templates\purity_iii\html\com_content\category then load the extra fields to the layout files. You can refer to the documentation of adding new extra fields for Purity III: http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/override-joomla-com-content#extra-fields

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.