We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Jonasan Oniem
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, 19 November 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,
I started with a new Joomla installation and installed T3 and Purity III (free). I tried using the Megamenu, but it doesn't work. I only have the options "Submenu/Group/Positions/Extra class/Icon/Item caption", the top configuration bar.
I can't find any "Separator/All modules/Layout", or Submenu/Column configuration.

Later I switch to using a blank T3 template, to check if the problem persisted, and it does. The preview doesn't match the frond end view either. It does the correct positioning though.

I checked the online manuals and I think I did everything correct (enabling the Megamenu and all that).

It seems like I'm forgetting some stupid detail, but I can't find it...
Any tips?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Jonasan Oniem,

Thanks for sending me the info, I have checked your site and it's working properly. I also build a sample one in the "Porselein " menu item.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi Jonasan,

Please check out the video tutorial: http://www.joomlart.com/video-tutorials/t3-framework/megamenu-configuration.
Please note that the options in the configuration bar depends on the element you select (menu item, column, etc)

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner,

Thank you for your response. I did all the correct configuration and I know the options depend on the selected element.

I did go to template/navigation/navigation style -> megamenu
But then it already goes wrong: I see "Megamenu Toolbox" and I can select which menu I want to work on (in my case, only the main menu and the user menu). In the video you see "home / categories / K2 / Bonus page / Colors". I don't have that.

This is solved:
I couldn't add submenu's from there, I don't have the "Submenu configuration" with the "Hide when collapse / Width / Alignement / Extra class" bar.
I had set up submenu's in the standard joomla configuration, didn't know you had to make them IN megamenu, thought you could just style them there.

But even now, when I add a submenu like in the video, I see no "home / categories / K2 / Bonus page / Colors". I thought maybe K2 is necessary, so I installed and activated that, but that didn't change anything...

I don't think it's an essential difference, but I don't have the megamenu-configuration on the bottom of "Navigation", I have to select it on top, next to Theme Magic (and before the save- and close buttons).
Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Jonasan,

Firstly, you have to create menu items for main menu. The Megamenu loads menu items from selected menu. For example, you want to have: home / categories / K2 / Bonus page / Colors menu appear in Megamenu, you have to create those menu items then open the megamenu configuration again, the menu items will auto loaded.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Thank you, I will check this later today. For the moment, I HAVE one menu (the main menu), so I guess I should see the "Separator/All modules/Layout", or Submenu/Column configuration. - options with that menu. But I'll test your tip first, before I ask more questions :-).

Greetings.

EDIT:
Adding extra menu's didn't change my problem...

Anyone a suggestion or a link to a more advanced manual?

Help would be very welcome...

(PS: first I wanted to ADD my comment, which didn't work because I get an "invalid captcha" warning, while I didn't GET that captcha... Is this forum also made with T3?)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
No, the forum is 3rd extension - Easy Discuss.

Also, please pm me your site url, admin account, I will have closer check and build a sample megamenu for you so that you can have something to start with.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.