We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Ryley Ameden
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 20 January 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

First off let me say this is my first real dive into Joomla development and love the T3 framework. I usually work with Wordpress so this is all very new to me. The major issue I am running into right now is "Child Theming". With Wordpress you can create a theme that links to a parent theme so any changes made to css or core files wont be overwritten with updates. Is this possible with T3? Joomla?

If so how would I go about doing this? Sorry for the very basic question and I hope it has an easy answer.

Thanks very much
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Ryley Ameden,

Thank you for loving T3 :).

For your question, it's almost the same with wordpress. In T3 templates, you can create theme that has different style with other themes. Here is the steps.

- Open your template folder and navigate to theme folder: templates\t3_bs3_blank\less\themes. In this folder, you would see list of created theme. You can use .less file to change style for the theme and the changes is only available for the theme, not the global style. For testing purpose, you should clone a theme then explore.
- To have the theme applied for specific menu items, go to your site back-end panel, navigate to: Extensions > Template Manager, clone T3 Template style, open its configuration. In the "Theme" tab, assign your theme then go to "Assignment" tab, select menu items to use the theme.

Hope it helps you.

Gardner.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink

There are replies in this post but you are not allowed to view the replies from this post.