We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Bert Gulikers
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, 04 March 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have a menu structure looking like:
menuitem1
- submenu1
- submenu11
- submenu12
- submenu13
- submenu2
- submenu21
- submenu22
menuitem2
menuitem3
On large screens, when I hover over "menuitem1" I see "submenu1" and "submenu2". When I hover over "submenu1" I see "submenu11", "submenu12" and "submenu13".
When I hover over "submenu2" I see "submenu21" and "submenu22".
This is how I want it to work.
On extra small screens, phones, whenI hover over "menuitem1" all submenus (1, 2, 11, 12, 13, 21 and 22) expand and are shown over each other.
This is not wat I want.
All settings are the same.
When looking with firefox and firebird I see classes .open pop up. This is the reason all submenus expand. I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help.

I hope my question is clear.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi again,

Yeah, I now understand your question. Its Joomla style, you can check default Joomla template and you will see the same problem. The menu module only supports that style, if you want it display your way, you have to customize the menu module. Please note that the menu module style and markup is different from your main menu.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi,

So you want the behavior of the menu items in large screen and small screen are the same? You are using Off-canvas sidebar or Default collapse menu? On our T3 BS3 default, the dropdown menu is the same on all screens as its the same menu. That means, in your case, sub-menu items are only displayed when you hover its parent menu.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hello,

It is neither of the two. No canvas sidebar and no default collapse menu. I use another menu, and that is default collapse, and that works fine.

The menu I mention in my question is a menu in sidebar 1. That doesn't collapse. It does display when I hover over it but it does more than that: it displays all the menus of the submenus residing under the menu I hoover over.

I'll try to add some pictures. The first three are from a large screen, that works fine. The last one is from a small screen, phone size.

It's the first time I'm on this forum so I hope the uploading of the pictures works well

regards, Bert
Attachments (4)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I searched further and see my exact problem on a T3 demo site: http://demo.t3-framework.org/joomla30/index.php/en/joomla-pages
- Publish this on a small screen, phone size,
- Scroll down to joomla pages under main menu
- Hoover over joomla pages,
- Now the submenus sample page 1 and sample page 2 open, including all sub menus of sample page 1 and sample page 2. And these submenus are overlaying each other.
See picture below.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.