We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Frits
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 03 July 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

Just started checking out the T3 Bootstrap3 blank template on a new site that I was asked to develop. We have quite an extensive menu structure on this site, with about ten items for various geographic regions on level 1 and a set of about 5 sub menu items that is repeating for each region on level 2 - that is: the sub menu titles are the same for all regions but the menu items will have different parameters.

We would like to create a menu that acts like a switch with all level 1 menu items in one drop down, and have the horizontal menu in the template navigation position display the level 2 items, contextually adjusted to the selection made on level 1. However this would require that the template menu starts at level 2. I cannot find a way to accomplis this; is it possible at all?

I already succeeded in creating this using core menu modules instead of the template navigation menu, but it seems a bit odd to me not to use such a great menu system.

Kind regards, Frits
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I see your point. For the horizontal navigation, it does not have such feature. I suggest to use Menu module and do customization to make it work as Horizontal menu.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
It's our pleasure.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I am afraid I don't get your point, could you please provide us some screenshots highlighting the issues.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I tried to illustrate my question with a screenshot.

There is one menu that consists of 3 levels:
- Regions
- Items per region, like News or Contact
- Some items may mave sub-items

With Joomla core menu modules, one can spread all levels over different modules and yet have the correct sub- and sub-sub items on each page, because you can set the start and end levels with these modules.

I would like to do this with the navbar in T3 as well, making it start at the second level.

Hope this makes it clear.

Kind regards, Frits
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi again,

Create Menu module then select start level and end level for each menu: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/888/4989750074.png

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi,

It seems to me that your screenshot is a Joomla core menu module. I know how to set the start and end levels for a Joomla core menu module; my question is: can I do the same with the built-in horizontal navigation in the T3 template?

I could not find this kind of settings for it, neither could I find how to assign a Joomla core menu module to this position (probably that is not possible at all)?

Kind regards, Frits
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Ok, thanks for your help.

Frits
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.