We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Daniel
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 07 July 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have the iJoomla Socialize template that leverages the T3 Framework. I cloned the "default" layout.

I want to add another block right under the component and the sidebar being on your right. However the block never shows up. I watched the videos several times and tried different ways.

I edited the "cloned" layout where it uses the "mainbody" block. The mainbody block calls the another block within the code called "one-sidebar-right" to have the sidebar on the right.

I edited the layout file, mainbody and "one-sidebar-right", templatexml as well as the template.ini file respective to my cloned layout to define the postion.

As I tried using the "mast-col" and referenced the templates that have the "mast-col" with the code but for some reason it will never show in my default template.

Am I modifying the wrong template files? I am modifying the files that are under the Socialize folder in the template or am I suppose to edit the t3 template files?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Nevermind this post. I went and figured it out myself.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi Daniel,

Please provide a screenshot highlingting the issues as I am not sure I got your point correctly.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I use the Socialize template that leverages T3 framework

I cloned the default layout, however I want a module to be right under the component in the mainbody block (see screen shot "default-layout-cloned";)

1. What I did is modified the "mainbody.php" block as it defines the position and detects the layout only but then calls the actual layout in additional blocks as you can see in the screenshot as well. I modified the "one-sidebar-right.php" only as that is the layout I am using (no left sidebar, only component and right sidebar)
2. I added the $mastcol code references there
3. I modified the "one-sidebar-right.php" and placed the actual code for the "mast-col" module there
4. I updated the respective .ini file to define the mast-col within that layout, the templatedetail.xml already has it define because of the other layouts.

But nothing appears under the component in the mainbody block. I tried various versions but nothing seem to work

I have attached screenshot for the codes I edited.

1. default-layout-clone-php.png (which is the layout)
2. mainbody-php.png (code for the mainbody.php)
3. one-sidebar-right.png (code for the one-sidebar-right.php that is being called by "mainbody/one-sidebar-right.php"

hopefully it makes sense, I tried several copies, copy and pasting from the other layouts but it just seems to not show.
Attachments (4)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
One of the main issues is that when I load "mainbody/one-sidebar-left" and add the "mast-col" in that file it doesn't show at all

I can add the "mast-col" in the mainbody file but it will place the "mast-col" below the component and sidebar with a full width of 12 columns which I don't want. I want the "mast-col" to be right under the component and have the same width and behavior as component so that it will be in between the sidebars?

I am missing something with how the framework works.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Daniel,

By default, in the mainbody block in layout, it loading the block "two-sidebar.php" but depending on the content you add for the page, it will decide the layout to use for the page: two-sidebar-right or two-sidebar-left, etc.

In case you want the mainbody block to load block "one-sidebar-left" only, you have to copy the file "mainbody/one-sidebar-left.php" file to the "tpls/blocks" folder and in the layout file (for example: default.php), you can load the "one-sidebar-left" block instead of "mainbody"

<?php $this->loadBlock('one-sidebar-left') ?>

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.