T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Zuccato HC
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, July 22 2015, 11:19 AM
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have been developing several sites using t3_bs3_blank as template and, of course, the t3 framework plugin.
I am using Joomla 3.4.0 stable (ember), PHP 5.4.21, a customized version of the t3_bs3_blank 2.1.4 template and T3 Framework plugin version 2.3.2
(The latter are badly out of date, I know, but there is a reason : whenever I tried to update thru the Joomla updater, it gave me errors such as "incompatible plugin" and so on. BTW, I spotted a " .../j16/..." in the midst of the update URL, which strikes me as curious for a j30 update)

So, based on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle, I've let the update issue lie.

However, lately the site started malfunctioning when viewed on tablets.
On desktop computers, everything still works OK, as it always had.
On the iPad, however, the dropdown menus have stopped working since the upgrade to iOS 8.4: if you click on the menu heading, it opens the dropdown menu, but if you tap on any item in that dropdown menu, it doesn't load the page the item points to.
So, I decided to upgrade the plugin to 2.4.9.
And here began the pains . I'll list them item by item :

• The system seems uncertain if there was an upgrade or not. While Joomla Control > Maintenance panel advised of the upgrades, the Template Manager > Edit Style page happily said "Congrats! You are using the latest version of T3 Framework ! Your Version is 2.3.2" on my local, development version (running on MAMP 3.0.3 on my iMac)...no comment. The online machine showed upgrades available in both positions. Maybe there are security settings in my LAN that blocks access to the ports Joomla uses (I doubt it, from what I know J! uses standard http and ftp ports, which are open), or maybe the failed updates have left the database "dirty" - I don't know.
• Upgrade via control panel > Maintenance does not work. It says incompatible plugin or something like that.
• After reading the forums, I tried installing JA Extension Manager.
⁃ On the local machine it installed but didn't work ("Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.";).
⁃ On the online machine installation crashed with a "file does not exist" error.
⁃ A quick tour of your forums then revealed that while you can download JAEM for free, it seems to be useless unless your site is registered with JoomlArt, which requires a paid membership (proof is here - https://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?99576-Error-Please-update-the-service-setting-or-contact-with-service-provider)
• So, I resorted to manual upgrade : downloaded plg_system_t3.v2.4.9.zip from the T3 downloads site, and installed it on the online site thru Joomla's extension manager...KER-POW! The menus no longer dropped down, no matter the browser or device you used (you could only select the top-level menu), and the homepage slideshow (YESlider) just disappeared.

I had to reinstall the site files from a backup I prudently made a few hours before.

I don't understand why it crashes that way:
The settings are the same - I checked.
I have customized CSS files (of course, since t3_bs3_blank is MADE to be customized), but they are all in the /templates/t3_bs3_blank folder. I never touched any file in the /plugins folder, not to mention the /plugins/t3 folder, which is the one where I understand the plugin installs all of it styles.

So : Any idea about what to do to upgrade, or at least to make the menus work on tablets too ?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Gardner Luna Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Please download and install JA Extension Manager component, it's FREE extension, it will help you upgrade any JA Extension: https://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-extensions-manager
If you still have problem, please pm your site url and admin account, I will help you set up.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Zuccato HC Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
If you read carefully my post, you'll see that I have already tried installing JAEM - I had already noticed, while reading the forums, that "Install JAEM" is pretty much your standard answer to all t3 issues. However, on the deployed site JAEM installation crashed with a "file does not exist" error and on the local development machine JAEM installed OK but was unable to do anything except displaying a "Please update the service setting or contact with service provider" message.
I will try again on the local machine and will PM you the data you requested if I am not able to do anything.
Thanks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Joshua McGee Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am having the same problem and getting the same message when I try to update T3 through JA extension manager. I can't verify the website because I don't have a paid membership. I also tried installing manually through Joomla's extension manager, but nothing seemed to happen: it acted like it processed, but then I look in the manager, the extension didn't change. Nothing broke though, so that's good. I am still on Joomla 2.5.28.

If I try to update through Joomla's extension manager, I get

-
Unknown Archive type
Update path does not exist

i
Error updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Gardner Luna Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

It could be the configuration of JA Extension Manager component is not correct. Once the installation of the component is done, go to: Components > JA Extension Manager > Service Configuration, set JoomlArt updates as default: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/917/5983032875.png

Next, go to Configuration tab, clear all the settings and save so the new settings will be auto generated: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/918/6989191585.png

Now, you can check upgrade for template and extension and upgrade.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
jaytse Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
e once let you think she will appear in your tomorrow, but from beginning to end Nike Air Max R4 did not appear in your life, it will not feel white busy. In the right time to meet the people, it is nonsense, in the wrong time Zapatos Nike Shox to meet the people, this is called youth. (two) Friend B, a while back to Tibet back, although now Tibet is like a flood of terms, we still can not hide the admiration for her. Her gap year began to vigorous, in the end of a while, she said she was never so firmly so sure people, but suddenly felt that this time, can not be halfway. She said that this time she would have to use all of their stubborn stubborn run out, all the halfway to make up. She said so, she did so. However, before she is so independent of the image, is a failure of feelings. Parents agreed, the engagement wine is also done, the actor suddenly changed his mind. I do not want to judge anything, but still for her pity. But we no one thought, she will be so independent and powerful image of the return. She said that he had given him a portion of the golden age before, and that day did not want to waste for him. (three) Not long ago with the students of the M asked me, every time I feel at the airport what I touched, I would like to say, is to see the students leave the sentiment when it parting it He shook his head and said, the most touched him, no matter what kind of life before that person, his character is weak is strong, into the customs of the moment, even if the tears, he will not turn back The The most admire me, those who have been sad to suppress the Adidas Scarpe online cry of the people, and never look back, and will never show their weakness in front of parents. Every June, there will be a lot of people around a big circle, and then return home, after all, is back to the familiar place. Once I thought, why did we go around a big circle or return to the place without exception, why obviously the world's favorite moncler outlet onine two of us are already around, we still have to leave them. Later I wanted to understand, I also said in the previous text, all the wandering people, but in order to one day no longer wandering, to protect their own family. Only through such a toss, so that looks a futile, in order to understand the origin is what kind of thing. (four) I never feel that I am a very reliable person, I do not fly the love, write no one to see the book, the name of the banner of travel to a lot of places. Every time I look at the unfamiliar place in a strange place, always think of home, every time I missed the man, I will find what I do bad. Finds. Find draftsist Rhitherulates Rhither wanted Rh ' However, part of the growth is like this, you constantly with the familiar things farewell, with the familiar people farewell, do something that has never been done before, love a person may not have the results. One of the side effects Under Armour Curry of growing up is that it is not too strange to see who and who is separated. But from another point of view, this may be a positive effect: no matter who left, you can have enough courage to face the new day. This is not bad nor bad, we must pass by a way. So many so many people told me that love is not fly, but I still believe that it is worth it. The world, the most afraid, when you most need love, you need that person, but Dr Martens Donna not in. But in such a world, there must be too much time, boil over the feelings of distance, as long as you firmly believe that as long as he insisted. In a certain stage, especially when you are UGG Guantes rosado lonely too long, there are too many impulses, like to love, as a second as eternal. But if it is not so toss, you will not know what you really want. Everyone's youth has a detour, no one can finish for you, but the future is Canada Goose always the total. Once I am willing to accompany you to accompany you to write: I would like to accompany you with the displaced, go to the day with the day, come to your life that day glowing that day. I have been saying that he has read my text for three years, and suddenly will feel the time flies, I only hope that so many years have passed, you do not think these years spent in vain. So today you want to be so one: I hope someone to accompany you displaced, if not, may you become your own sun. May you be your own sun.May be more than ten years time scratching for too long, most of the memories are thin. High school that year left me the impression that seemingly only sleepy, endless sleepy. I get up every morning are particularly bad mood, my mother looked at my heart distressed, his mouth no mercy analysis, the county so many people can get up happily go to school, I think in the rationale every day so with their own , And now seems to think that is not right, can be happy to get up to school people really what Mody Bite the bullet to the school every morning I have to sleep in the state of sleep, the third year of the language teacher that college entrance examination love Yu Yuyu, every morning so that we read the 'cultural Journey.' Like the dream of those articles so I was very much admire the Nike Air Max Shoes Outlet master, the university and after work to hear a lot of extraordinarily majestic behavior and indecent comme
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
jaytse Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
ut Dr Martens Donna their children, no education.' The use of this word is relatively heavy, glass heart and UGG Orejeras rojo the Virgin Mary parents to seriously injured, and that good, we change the point of mild words, cultivation. See people on their own baby to read a lot of photos, recommend people to see their children long video, Zapatos Under Armour Curry 3 forcing others to see repeatedly, test others patience and acting, if your child grows too poor, people have to ignorant conscience Boast he is so cute and beautiful, did not see others have a look of black line vocabulary is not it? This is not cultivated; In the office 24 hours rolling your child's words and deeds of eating and drinking Lazarus, to show off their children how much eyes, how fast to eat, how sweet snoring, pull the feces and more health, which is not cultivated; Public forum is clearly not a special parent-child plate, have to send their own children's photos, boast their children more handsome more handsome angels, others say good enough to tell people to curse, and even curse other people can not give birth to children, this is not training; Everywhere posted their own children nude, drooling, face food residue photos, but also that the lovely, true temperament, others say very disgusting dirty, curse each other vicious, no love, this is not cultivated; On the Internet to help children participate in a variety of baby beauty, forcing everyone around to help you vote, but also again and again reminded 'more than a few times, ah, call your friend also help vote', regardless of whether the other is willing, whether free, Interest, this is not cultivated. Many parents see Zapatos Nike Shox here is estimated to have been out of anger - that is, when they talk about the pain of the Well. People do it wrongly wronged - how much we made the wrong ah, just because too love children, can not help but thing. Mother love father love more ah more noble ah, how can not understand the intolerance does not match it? Frankly, we love children, many times are narcissistic extension, because the child is the continuation of the parent gene - a lot of parents drying their own children, with canada goose store the brand name, luxury, car is not much difference, as is to show off their own genes And teach it. There is no need to whitewash the normal parents into a noble and great, more Nike Air Max Shoes importantly, no need to own the child's love, excessive performance to others to see, not to their children's love, impose on others. Risk your life Nike Air Max Terra Ninety to tell the truth: you think your child is outstanding, others may feel very mediocre; you think the child's feces butt dirty, others may feel sick; you think your child's affairs are national events, others may That does not matter. The simplest truth is that your child, off someone else Pishi. He is just your child, not a child of all mankind. And then these parents will predict the piumini moncler outlet online master possessed, to a few fixed sentence: 'so you have a child to know,' 'you later gave birth to a child is not the same' ... ... In fact, not everyone will be born because of the child, they become more self, more narrow, more disturbing people. Do things to take into account the feelings of others, this is the basic requirements. Continuously talking about their children, showing off their children, it is radical, not necessarily. In fact, there are still many parents, you can maintain an indifferent, rational attitude to evaluate and talk about their children, such as Meng Fei said in an interview, his daughter is an ordinary child, did not see any expertise, what talent The More low-key ah, how cute ah. Most of my colleagues around my friends, talking about children, are also more restraint, have done much better than me. Of course, we are not saying that parents mention that their children are illegal, and should be arrested - we are talking about the sense of proportion Well, talk about their children, but also pay attention to the frequency and fun: Do not always take the initiative to talk with others (unless it is girlfriend, buddies of this level) to talk about their children, others ask, try to answer briefly; Others look at their children's appearance, showing up to 3 photos, immediately stopped. Unless the other party is really particularly interested in, and then continue (some people Nike Scarpe online out of courtesy, but also pretending to be interested, which gives us a higher test when the parents ah); If you want to talk about their own children, the most funny selection, the most funny part of the narrative - say a while, many parents mention their children, IQ generally decline, their children are particularly dull, particularly boring performance, they are Come out when the news speak, others listen to really boring, have strong smile, easy? Especially with people who do not have children. Really want to talk, find other parents talk, seek resonance or answer each other doubts. I said that parents should do their best to accompany their children, but that does not mean that parents should do their best to show off their children. Everyone has multiple identities, at home, you are responsible parents, you can use all the time to pay attention to the
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.