We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Kees
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, 22 July 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

I'm using T3 blank template bs3. created a new theme as you wrote in your documentation.

Now I want to customize the template. By example the padding settings of the t3-maincontent and t3-content. So I'm opening the variables less files in the cloned map and do my customizing.

When I had my editing done I choose for Less to CSS in the backend. But there is nothing changed after that in the website frontend. I did the LESS to CSS with and without "Development mode" enabled. Nothing changed. In your documentation site you said Compile LESS to CSS: After customizing theme, please compile LESS to CSS. The new theme CSS files will be located in templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/themes/dark-copy.

I think that's not good. It must be "....will be located in templates/t3_bs3_blank/local/css/themes/dark-copy.

So can you please told me what I have to do when I changed the less files by hand (editing) and not wit ThemMagic.

Or can you tell me how to customize the right way?

Thanks.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Kees,

The "local" folder is for override and it's a new feature in T3 Framework, for more details about this, please check the docs: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/extend-com-content#isolate-template
In your case, please follow the steps below:

1. Clone a theme in the local folder: templates\t3_bs3_blank\local\less\themes.
2. Add style to the style.less file in the theme folder. \
3. Open template style and assign the new theme: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/903/7412364179.png
4. Compile less to css

If you still have issue, you can pm me your site url, admin account and FTP info, we will help you create custom theme.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hello,

Thank you for answering. The steps you mentioned on July 23 are good. That works. But not for all the changes.
I tried to give other settings for the megamenu a:hover. So I add t
.t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li a:hover, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li a:hover
with some settings as color. But I don't get it working when I do Less to CSS?

I'm a doing this wrong? And can I do all the changes for styling in the style.less?

Thanks again
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi again,

If you make changes in the .less file, you have to compile LESS to CSS so the changes in .less file will be compiled to corresponding .css file.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
In the </> LESS to CSS button there is a dropdown that allows you to compile your theme only.
This worked for me and you have to do it every time you make a change if you are not in development mode.

S :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
You're right @Sarah Eagle
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.