We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Trent Perez
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Friday, 31 July 2015
  5.  Subscribe via email
I am using the purity_iii template and I want to place the social icons (Twitter, Facebook, and Google on the right side of the menu bar. Can I place them there and if I can how do I do so in a way that they will not interfere with the nav button popup when the screen size is reduced. What I am looking for is something like the attached image file. I am also not sure how I can get the sitename to appear on two lines as it does in the example. This is my first foreay into the T3 framework arena and I am struggling with the complexity of making changes to certain aspects of the template. Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

By default, JA Purity III has head-search position where you can put the social icons to. But it could require some css customization. You can pm me your site url, admin account and FTP info, I can help you set it up.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Yeah, using Custom HTML module is fine. If you need some suggestion with markup, let me know.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
What I would rather do is create my own position so as not to change the tsyling of any already created positions. I just am not sure how to place all the parts of the necessary components to create a new block, position, whatever is necessary to put the social icons in the area I want them to appear in. And do I need to modify the settings in the main navigation area to make room for my new block or whatever it needs to be called.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I would rather do it myself to learn how to do it. (That is how I learn best.) so do I need to create a custom HTML Module with the social media icons in it with thier respective links and place that module in the head-search position? And where do I locate the CSS settings for the head-search module?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.