We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. liem nguyen
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 16 October 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

I've taken over a website built by another person. The website use Joomla, with the templates of Ja-Bookshop and utilizing T3-framework.

Since then, I've been modifying the website's CSS by going to root/t3-assets/dev/green/

However, from time to time, the CSS seems to be backed up to original state. I asked the previous guys that built the website, he told me because the LESS compile to CSS has removed all my work. However, it make me confused since I've never used the Compile LESS to CSS button. I don't know if this is done automatically?

Anyway, I'm starting to learn LESS and trying use it now. However, the thing is, when I when to my root/templates, there was no t3_bs3_blank folder, only the LESS. I've been searching these LESS file. Now, I want to change a specific CSS style, for example, when I view the element on Chrome, I know that this specific element needs to be changed:

.col-md-6 {
width: 50%;
}

I started searching for the element in LESS file, however, I can't find it. This confused me further.

Hence, I hereby writting this to ask a question: how to locate which LESS file affect which component in the web? If I want to change a specific element style in LESS, is it possible or I'd better go turn off develop mode and continue working on my CSS? In addition, can website automatically compile LESS to CSS? Or the guy trying to screw with me?

I attached my screen shot here, all for the purpose of letting you see my templates folders.
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Can someone look into this please?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

In case you used Bookshop template so the folder is: root/templates/ja_bookshop. To customize style, you can do it in the "less" folder of the template or using the file: root/templates/ja_bookshop/css/custom.css.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.