We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Wendy
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 18 December 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have Joomla 3.4.6 installed on the WAMP platform. I installed the T3 Package (2.5.1) as the template. It recently told me I need to upgrade the T3 System Plugin to 2.5.2. However, when I try to update it from the Joomla control panel, it gives me an error message: "Warning: Update path does not exist. Message: Error updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_."

I thought maybe this is a problem because I'm upgrading from WAMP and I need to do it manually. However, I don't see any downloads that specifically upgrade the T3 System Plugin, so I'm not sure what to download. If I try to install the full package again I don't want to lose the changes I've already made. I want to be sure I keep all my software up to date and I'm quite lost about how to do this.

Can someone please help me figure this out? I saw someone post the same kind of problem under the 2.5.2 update announcement post but no one has replied other than to say "me too." Thanks in advance for the help.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I don't think updating from the Joomla control panel ever worked, and I have been using T3 for a couple of years now!

You need to download the plugin and install the old fashioned way.

Download from here: https://github.com/t3framework/t3/releases/tag/v2.5.2

Install by Extensions > Manage > Upload Package File tab, and upload the package.

Of course backup the site before doing anything.

HOWEVER, please read my post here: http://www.t3-framework.org/discussions/t3-v2-5-2-released.html#reply-6861

The new plugin update is not made available properly - that is, it is not available separately as previous versions were.

The update link goes to a file that contains the template (2 versions) and the framework plugin.

It is not clear why that is.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Following on my previous post.

I downloaded the available T3 Package file: 3-2.5.2.zip

Then extracted it and zipped up just the directory 'plg_system_t3' (this is found in a directory called 'source' in the main package)

I then uploaded just this framework plugin zip and everything went OK.

I hope I followed the right process - can someone else please confirm?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thanks, Chamira. I just installed the whole full package again (after backing everything up) and it seems to have worked (crossing fingers that nothing shows up later).

That's disappointing to learn that updates will have to be done manually instead of through the control panel. I'm new to the T3 extension and am looking for a standard but flexible Joomla template I can use with any/all Joomla client sites I develop. I'm hoping its management and use isn't going to become so annoying and cumbersome that I'll have to look for something else. :-/

Thanks very much for the help. :-)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
@Wendy,

This is the only slightly annoying thing about the T3 framework. It is made a bit worse by the fact the updates are not correctly linked this time.

Apart from that, this framework ins very flexible and incredibly well documented.

The support is also excellent.

It has become by default framework to built new templates - either using Blank BS3 or Purity III as a base.

The fact we can easily add styles using LESS and module positions make it a real pleasure to work with.

I have used all the main frameworks in the last few years and I have settled on this one.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Thanks so much for your rundown of T3 pros and cons. I can see I need to learn how to use LESS; from what I've seen it looks like a fun and effective tool for styling.

Is there something Purity III has that the Blank BS3 doesn't? I was testing it out at one point but didn't want the blue colour and couldn't figure out how to change it. Does it maybe have added functionality (besides the colour scheme)?

I hope T3 works for me in the long run. I am redesigning 2 sites right now that will be in Joomla and I have looked for a flexible, sturdy, responsive and easily customizable framework. I'm hoping this is it. :-)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.