We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Proton
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, 18 December 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello!

I`ve got a problem, hope you can help me to solve it.
So, i used to work on t3_blank template, after t3_bs3_blank template i`ve wrote some project on it. But i noticed that main menu collapsing the other way, like it was in t3_blank. I found that there is now class "navbar-collapse-fixed-top" in mainnav.php and there is no such rule ot all. How can make it collapse the way it is made in t3_blank template, at the top of the page and fixed.

Best regards
Proton
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi proton,

you can look a bootstrap
http://getbootstrap.com/components/#navbar-fixed-top

there are example how to fixed-top
hope it helps you

regards

Gerhard
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
In mainnav.php change to:

<nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default t3-mainnav navbar-collapse-fixed-top" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="110">

in templates.t3_bs3_blank.less.bootstrap.less.css after:

.affix {
position: fixed;
}

insert:

.t3-mainnav.affix {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
z-index: 10000;
width: 100% !important;
}
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Thank you Jacob.

It works. But we need to make it just as in the t3_blank.
Immediately "fixed-top", and only in "collapse".

Copy of t3_blank.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Proton,

You want to have mainnav as the t3-framework.org site? The site has main menu fixed on top and other elements in header are moved to the mainnav position.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hello Gardner Luna.

No. On the site t3-framework.org menu fixed on top always. I need to on this site http://www.kaminuniversal.ru
On the normal screen menu to the mainnav position, on the tablet or mobile - fixed top.

Thank you.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Yeah, I got your point. Please check the docs, it could help you: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/menu-system.html#sticky-menu
You can decide to make mainmenu sticky on desktop or mobile or both. It's your call.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
That's the problem. In t3_bs3_blank rule navbar-collapse-fixed-top does not work without rules navbar-fixed-top. But in t3_blank it work.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi again,

I will have quick check and get back to you with solution soon.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hello,

I`ve got a problem, hope you can help me to solve it. So, i used to work on t3_blank template, after t3_bs3_blank template i`ve used the syntax from Jacob, but my Navbar jumbs over the the first Block after the NavBar and it has an distance such as the top border (lattachment)

Best regards
thron
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Hi Sascha,

Could you please share your site url, I will give you some CSS rules to fix the issue.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Hello,

I`ve got a problem, hope you can help me to solve it. So, i used to work on t3_blank template, after t3_bs3_blank template i`ve used the syntax from Jacob, but my Navbar jumbs over the the first Block after the NavBar and it has an distance such as the top border (lattachment)

I had the same problem as @Sascha. I made the necessary amendments to mainnav.php and my custom.css file according to @Jacob's post. However, instead of the nav bar scrolling smoothly from its initial position to the top before becoming affixed, it just jumped straight to the top.when it reached about halfway between its initial position and the top.
The way to solve that is to find out the height of #t3-header and replace the value of data-offset-top in mainnav.php, i.e.
<nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default t3-mainnav navbar-collapse-fixed-top" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="HEIGHT OF #T3-HEADER">
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo

The way to solve that is to find out the height of #t3-header and replace the value of data-offset-top in mainnav.php, i.e.
<nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default t3-mainnav navbar-collapse-fixed-top" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="HEIGHT OF #T3-HEADER">

The issue I now have, though, is figuring out how to prevent the main content (#t3-content) from jumping up under the navbar, once the navbar is affixed to the top.
I've worked out that I'll need to set padding-top of #t3-content to 80px (original data-offset-top value (110px) minus distance between navbar and #t3-content (30px)). How to do it is what I'm struggling with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 12
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.