We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Nico van de Kamp
  2. General Discussion
  3. Sunday, 16 February 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

I have made with puresite template (=T3v2) a side. From this I know more or less something of the T3 framework.

Now I'm busy to find out the T3V3 framework. But were are the css files. From T3v2 I know they were in 'templates/puresite/css/', There I could find template.css, mobile-layout.css etc.
But now with the t3-blank-bs3 template, if I look with firebug they are in 'http://localhost/dogwatch25/t3-assets/dev/red/templates.t3_bs3_blank.less.bootstrap.less.css'.
It seems to me that this is not correct.

I expect the css file somewhere in template/t3_bs3_blank/css, or am I wrong.

I configured the development mode on.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Nico,

T3 (v3) using LESS and Bootstrap.

So, if you familiar with LESS, you should modify the LESS files.
1. Turn on Development Mode (I think you did it already)
2. Use firebug to get the css file path "t3-assets/dev/red/templates.t3_bs3_blank.less.bootstrap.less.css"
3. Map this file by replace dot to slash. It should be templates/t3_bs3_blank/less/themes/red/bootstrap.less

You may not found this file in that folder because T3 use inherit structure.
The actual file may be templates/t3_bs3_blank/less/bootstrap.less

Though, bootstrap.less contains most of bootstrap core style. I would not recommend you modify those.
You can create any less file or using any existing file in /templates/t3_bs3_blank/less folder to overwrite the default style.

If you not familiar with less, you can put all your css to custom.css file. It will help you a bit.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi Nico,

you have to look at the bootstrap.less file
you can make changes at the t3_bs3_blank => less=> less=> theme=> dark(your theme )=>then file variables.less
or you can make changes in the custom.css you can find it here =>your template=> css=> create here a custom.css file if it is not there.

hope this helps you
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hello,

Gerhard, thanks for you're answer.

Sorry, but this gives a strange feeling. Because with firebug I'm used to it to look at css files. And from version T3V2 I was use to change the template.css files. I try also to follow the documentation.
I have created an new empty theme "customername". I have added here the three empty files template.less, variables.less and variables-custom.less. I added here the custom.css as well,
But I have to add this file in templates/t3_bs3_blank/css directory.

I have also been searching in the dark theme variables.less for example ‘@T3gridWidth’. But this I also could not found. May I’m looking wrong?

But you can customize by custom.css file but also with variables-custom.less?

Nico
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.