We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Dani
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Thursday, 27 June 2013
  5.  Subscribe via email
I use Megamenu. Under Navigation, I am able to set properties like classes for the menu items. But how would I do this for menu items that are only visible to registered users or administrators? The menu items showing the the T3 backend, is only for guests.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Dani,

This is an issue of Megamenu.
You will be able to config those menu item in next release of T3.

Please stay tuned.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Dani,

We have upgrade T3 Megamenu, you can try it.
Though it have some issue. We will upgrade it soon.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I was also very much concerned by this problem of megamenu not showing the menu items/modules
(i) in multilanguage site
(ii) for elements with access level (guest/registered/...)

(For those having access to Joomlart forum, see following thread :
http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?86688-Template-JA-Mero-gt-Mega-Menu-not-showing-in-Template-Manager-for-several-Styles.../page4)

I am very pleased with the very last update a few days ago of T3-framework.
It fixes indeed (i)... but unfortunately it only partially fixes (ii).

Let me explain why. The release notes of last T3-framework mention :
Megamenu: Support multi-configuration based on access level (3 basic access level only) and language

Good to have foreseen "public", "registered" and "special".
But "guest" looks to me like a fundamental one as well.

Very good example of use :
let's say you have a menu item "members", showing among other things a login module, with icon-lock as icon.
If the user logs in, this menu "disappears" (because set on "guest";) to show the real Members menu item, which has all the submenus for the members, but also the icon-unlock icon.

I can understand you would not provide the whole list of Access Levels which are created by the user himself, but I think it would be no big deal to add the "guest level", which is a core feature of Joomla and is therefore always present on all sites.

Txs for taking note... and for adding "Guest level" for the next release ;-)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi woluweb,

Joomla 2.5 does not provide Guest as a default ACL.
You can use Public as the Guest level and create a configuration for it.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Txs for pointing this.
I had not noticed guest was not part of 2.5

Still, if you find a solution for this (a generic solution for example, like letting choose among all ACLs), it would be nice and useful... also for the other ACLs

Yours
Marc
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi Marc,

It is hard to determine which menu configuration to use when a user visit your site.
Joomla does not provide a way to check which ACL is powerful than other. So we only use default ACL of Joomla.
Other ACL will not support.

We have though about the multiple dropdown for ACL, but it still not solve the problem.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I have create a fix for this issue and pushed it to the t3framework/t3 GitHub site as Pull Request 128.

Please feel free to view the changes file and try them in your own system.

S
References
  1. https://github.com/t3framework/t3/pull/128/files
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I note that 4 weeks later and this fix has still not been merged - nor has anyone from joomlart even commented on it.

Having put the effort into identifying the issue, tracking down the cause and creating a fix, it would be nice if someone from joomlart had the courtesy at least to review and comment on it.

S
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi Sophist-UK,

Thank for you looking at this issue.
Though, your fix is just open another case of error that we have try to restrict, and it does not really fix the problem.

We will wait for another complete solutions for Megamenu.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Well - if my fix either creates new errors or if doesn't fix whatever error that caused you to restrict the megamenu to Joomla 1.5 style users in the first place, then why not tell me what the problem is and let me try to fix it for you.

Instead you don't explain and just reject my fix out of hand. As the discussion shows, I am aware that my fix is only a partial solution, however as far as I am aware it is a solution which is useable even if it is not particularly elegant.

To be honest, based on the way this has been handled, it seems to me that there is a high probability that if I spend significant time producing a more full-blown solution that it will then be rejected out of hand in the same way this one has been.

I am sorry, but I am not prepared to risk wasting significant time on producing a full blown fix if that has a likelihood of being a waste of time.

S

P.S. I guess T3 is open source in the sense that the source code is freely available under an Open Source licence and can be cloned and modified to meet users needs ...

... but is not Open Source in the sense that joomlart wants to harness the resource and creativity of the user community to take an already great framework and make it even greater.

I feel that this a pity really, since history on other open source projects shows that the winners are those which are developed and taken forward by the community (harnessing both the resources and creativity of a wider community of developers) but where the primary developers shape and control that effort into a useful direction.

(In my view, to move towards this being THE ONE Joomla3 framework that EVERYONE chooses, Primary developer roles should be to:
1. control feature growth so that the framework doesn't become unwieldy, so it maintains good backward compatibility with existing users and is well designed so as to continue to support backward compatibility into the future; and
2. promote enhancements that reduce constraints on its use within the CMS platform(s) so that there are fewer and fewer cases where the framework is unsuitable for someone's use;
3. quality assure new code so that the framework keeps its reputation for reliability; and
4. ensure that the framework meets their own needs as a basis for their commercial projects which keep them in business.)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the solutions!

New question: I have a menu item ("Log in";) that should only be shown to guests (users not logged in). So I added a new user group and access level called Guests and set the menu item Access=Guests. But why doesn't the Access Level Guests show up in T3 Megamenu configuration?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 11
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.