We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. James O'Connor
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, 14 May 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Can someone tell me how to add a youtube video yo my megamenu?

The sample data has a video in the menu, but when I open the 'T3 Video Layout' module, there isn't any html for the video, just text in the module?

Please be specific how to do this.

Thanks
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi James,

The reason you don't see anything except the text in the T3 Layout Video module is because of the Editor so please turn it off. The following steps show you how to add video for megamenu:

#1: Please turn of the editor: System >> Global configuration, select None for Default Editor.

When done, you can open the T3 Layout Video module, and you will see the youtube video embed code.

#2: Add embed video code to a custom html module (please make sure you publish the module)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BhRBVcd-BTQ?list=PL4BjMzuBkvR_N6gu53rkcXEAh7c9iOd77" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#3: Open megamenu setting panel, enable sub-menu then assign the HTML module for the sub-menu.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
It would be worth your while watching this video on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo7buRKcc8. You can skip to about 6.5 minutes in. Once you have done that and installed the free plugin they mention, you should then be able to figure out how to put it in your menu.
Just why you want a video in your menu I'm not sure. Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be!
Good luck. If you still can't figure it out, post again.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Murray,

Video is just a sample of how flexible content to assign to Megamenu. It shows the power of Megamenu and T3. You may not want to put video in Megamenu but others may want. And Megamenu can be customized so that it meets everyone expectation, that's the main point.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.