We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. George
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 16 July 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello everyone!

I have a problem with the main menu on top on IE 9 (i haven't tried yet in older versions of IE ).

I want the main menu to stay on top always. I managed to do it on Chrome and Firefox and on IE 10 as well. I added this line ( navbar-fixed-top navbar-collapse-fixed-top ) at the mainnav.php file as you say at the framework's settings page.

The problem is that in IE 9 when I hover on the <li> elements of the menu, the sub-links are white and they seem to be disappeared. It's only appeared a white box when you hover on the parents <li>.

I deleted the (navbar-fixed-top navbar-collapse-fixed-top) from the mainnav.php and I managed to keep on top the menu with this css lines

.t3-mainnav {
position: fixed;
z-index: 1;
width: 100%;
}

But again the same problem as before on IE 9. when i remove the " position:fixed; " it is appeared properly the menu but it doesn't stay on top :/

I would appreciate if you could help me because I am totally lost!!

Thanks!!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi George.

Please try to update T3 Framework and T3 Blank to latest version to see if the problem still exist.
We have try to fix on this commit
https://github.com/t3framework/t3/commit/b9f2a4673fac64e418bc925cd2f117ddbe3e9fc3

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Unfortunately, it didn't fix! I updated T3 Framework and T3 Blank to latest version as you and still doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT

Finally it's ok!!! thanks a lot!!! it works perfect!!! :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
What was the fix for this? I am both the updated T3 Framework and T3 Blank template and experience this exact issue in IE9 (Devtools) and in IE8 the dropdowns to not appear at all. I know IE7 isn't supported but the menu system actually works in IE7, just not IE8/9. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Dustin,

Have you recompile CSS after upgrade?
You can turn on Development Mode and try to remove all file in t3-assets folder then try again.

You can also install a fresh T3 Framework & T3 Blank on a new installation to see if the problem exist.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I did recompile the CSS (and saved) and cleaned out the t3-assets folder but no luck. I think I did figure out what could be a culprit.

I am using IE10 on Windows 7 and using the IE Developer Tools to go back to render in IE9. This is when the menu doesn't work. I checked a computer running an actual IE9 on Windows 7 and the menu system worked flawlessly. I then checked a 3rd machine running IE10 on Windows 7 (but rendering in IE9 on developer tools) and ran into the same issue with the menu. That leads me to believe that something in Internet Explorers developer tools isn't playing nice with the way the menu was built.

Do I need to submit an issue ticket anywhere for this? Is this something that can be fixed (or at least a warning noted) for others that may run into this?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Dustin,

Yes, you can submit the problem to github.
http://github.com/t3framework/t3

Though, please make sure you checked it on T3 Blank (without modification)

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.