We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Enes
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 11 November 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,
JS powered stuff doesn't work in Offcanvas panel. For example if you publish Bootstrap's carousel or collapse (accordion) in off-canvas position they do not work. How can we solve that problem?

Thanks.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Enes,

Could you please add a sample here. For now, you can add content to a module, then assign it to the "off-canvas" position. I am not sure how you implement that ?

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thank you for the response.

The actual problem is about a search module which suggest results instantly while typing the search term. It does work in any module position except off-canvas position. I thought that's a conflict but even Bootstrap's own JS elements don't work in off-canvas.

For example if you publish a Custom HTML module in off-canvas module position with this Modal element it doesn't work in off-canvas but it does work in articles or in any other module position:
[code type="xml"]<!-- Button trigger modal -->
<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal">
Launch demo modal
</button>

<!-- Modal -->
<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel" aria-hidden="true">
<div class="modal-dialog">
<div class="modal-content">
<div class="modal-header">
<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal"><span aria-hidden="true">
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo

The actual problem is about a search module which suggest results instantly while typing the search term. It does work in any module position except off-canvas position. I thought that's a conflict but even Bootstrap's own JS elements don't work in off-canvas.

For example if you publish a Custom HTML module in off-canvas module position with this Modal element it doesn't work in off-canvas but it does work in articles or in any other module position:
http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#modals
So JS elements don't work in off-canvas position. How can we solve that?
Thanks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi,
Any suggestion for this problem?
Thanks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Enes,

I am trying to replicate the issue on our T3 site. Please be patient, I will reply once I get the issue fixed :)

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi Enes,

I have checked your issue and discuss with our Dev team also. The reason is that we don't support this feature as it will make user confused. Once Off-canvas is active, the site is dim, if you display modal in Off-canvas, the whole site should be dim then the workflow is broken.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Modal was just an example to make it clear for you. As I said before I want to use a search module which suggests results instantly which uses JS and currently it's not possible to use it in Off-canvas position.

So any JS powered module or feature can not be used in off-canvas position. It's not just about modal and anyway I don't want to use modal in the off-canvas.

Thanks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi again,

I am afraid that it's not supported as Off-canvas has it own limitation and we try to make it clean. To display search result instantly in Off-canvas, it will requires you a lot of effort and customization and such stuff is out of our support scope. Hope you understand for our position.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner,
Of course you are not supposed to provide me a customised search module and I don't ask such a support.
I just asked if it's possible to let JS-using modules work in Off-canvas. So is that possible or you don't want to let JS work in off-canvas?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Hi Enes,

Yeah, we don't want to let JS work on Off-canvas as it's quite complex.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 10
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.