We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Alberto
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 19 August 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
I created my template with the latest version of T3 framework.
My question is this:
How I can "export" or "save" or "copy" the template to install on another website?
The template created is a basic modification T3_blank, but still want to install this template in another site.
thanks for the help
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Alberto,

You just need to take a look at the quickstart package of T3 Blank.
Just zip all file and folder to a single file.

Please take a look at the joomla document.
http://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_basic_Joomla!_template

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hello
Thanks for the reply. It helped me to understand more about the workings of joomla, and to export my template.
Have a nice day!
Best Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hello,
the abowe procedure for creating new template from scratch is not helpful because of error message "T3 plugin disabled...." appears when frontend is starting despite T3 plugin is enabled...

I have the following situation :
1. I installed T3 Blank for Joomla 3.2 (with Quickstart package, dated 12-20-2013) and created my own template by copying T3 Blank template (already installed in the package) to separate My T3-directory
2. In addition I made new theme (style) - finaly I have one template directory with 2 styles (My T3-Default, My T3-Home....different layout for standard and home page)
3. I would like to move My T3-directory to another server and start up my template working there

But I cannot find any guide how to move my own T3 template from "testing"to "production" server where no T3 environment is set! After T3 plugin installation
when I simple copy whole template directory into the target server, after installing template I see only 1 template with 1 style (in testing envir. I saw both 2 styles as separate templates).
No page in frontend is appearing, system switches to the system-template automaticaly.

I would appreciate to get an info how to release T3 template to target server where existing Joomla envir. is already installed and no T3 Blank templates are installed. This part is completely missing in documentation but is very important to understand T3 framework logic.

At the end : T3 framework is great product, thanks for your job!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Peter Antoska,

T3 is just an Joomla extension. You need to install and enable to make it run.
For moving the from dev site to production site, you need to export the database from your dev site and import it to production site.

There is a simpler solution. Akeeba Backup https://www.akeebabackup.com/ to get it done.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hello Peter,

Akeeba Backup is great, it makes moving your website to a remote server, or to a local machine quite easy.

There is a good tutorial on how to install Akeeba Backup and then move the site to a remote server here.

Hope to helps.

Regards,
robjen
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Zipping the template folder on one site and installing on another only seems to bring over the main template, not any that are created using "save as copy" in the template editor. How can you you export and import those copies too?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.