We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Frits
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 24 August 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

I've created some custom module positions in the T3 BS3 blank template. It works fine, however I'm afraid that I'll run into trouble when updating the template. I changed these files as listed below; also I've created a local theme of the template'. Could I store my changed files in the /local folder to prevent them from being overwritten? I called my local theme: 'extended'.

Files that are changed:

templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/blocks/mainbody.php
templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/blocks/mainbody/ -> all files in this folder

Also I've created a few new files in order to add positions of the 'spotlight' type:
templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/blocks/spotlight-3.php
templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/blocks/spotlight-7.php

I supposee that the latter files are safe as there are no original files with these names. Still I'd like to store them in my /local folder to keep my files well-organized.

Is this possible?

Kind regards, Frits
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Please use JA Extension Manager to upgrade T3 template and plugin so it will be safer.

For the file changes in the folder: templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/blocks/, they will not be lost in upgrade (if use JA Extension Manager) as the changes are user's changes. But we still suggest to use "local" folder.
If you add new files, the files will be always safe (if use JA Extension Manager).

Regards.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.