We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Dustin
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. General Discussion
  4. Sunday, 25 August 2013
  5.  Subscribe via email
I am confused because I see a footnav.php and inside that I see it referencing a position 'footnav'. If I try to assign a menu to the position 'footnav' it is not there. I looked in the templateDetails.xml and noticed the position wasn't there. When I add it I then see the position option for the menu to be assigned to. I assign it to the position 'footnav' but the menu doesn't show up on the frontend in the footer. What am I doing wrong? It seems logical that you would assign 'footnav' to a menu that is meant to be the footer navigation.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Dustin,

$this->spotlight ('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4, footer-5, footer-6')

footnav is a identify name, not a position. Positions are footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4, footer-5, footer-6.

It is a spotlight block. You can change the number of positions. And you can change the span width of each position also.
You can go to Layout tab in Template Manager for more information.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Alright, I did use the Spotlight area position 'footer-1' instead for the menu. To turn off the copyright area I'd need to comment it out the following in the footer.php file?
<section class="t3-copyright">
<div class="container">
<div class="row">
<div class="<?php echo $this->getParam('t3-rmvlogo', 1) ? 'span8' : 'span12' ?> copyright<?php $this->_c('footer')?>">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer') ?>" />
</div>
<?php if($this->getParam('t3-rmvlogo', 1)): ?>
<div class="span4 poweredby">
<a class="t3-logo t3-logo-light" href="http://t3-framework.org" title="Powered By T3 Framework" target="_blank">Powered by <strong>T3 Framework</strong></a>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
</div>
</div>
</section>

I tried unpublished the module as well as hiding the 'footer' in the template manager but the area (background) still shows with no comment. Only way I found to remove it was comment out that section of code above.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Dustin,

Yes, you can delete the whole file to remove all information in footer.
Though, we think it would be nice to show Joomla copyright (GPL)

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
An easier way to remove the contents of the T3 footer (without deleting anything) is to set the display for the t3-copyright class to none in the custom.css file (which you may have to create if not already present in the css folder). So...

.t3-copyright {
display: none;
}

Worked for me.;)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
$this->spotlight ('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4, footer-5, footer-6')
- 192.168.1.1 -
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
noticed the placement wasn't there. once I upload it I then see the position choice for the menu to be assigned to. I assign it to the position 'footnav' but the menu would not show up at the front end of the footer. What am I doing incorrectly? Do my Essay for me It seems logical that you would assign 'footnav' to a menu that is meant to be the footer navigation. A less complicated manner to do away with the contents of the T3 footer (without deleting anything) is to set the display for the t3-copyright elegance to none inside the custom.css file (which you may have to create if not already gift in the CSS folder).
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
it seems logical that you would assign 'footnav' to a menu that is meant to be the footer navigation. A less complicated manner to do away with the contents of the T3 footer (without deleting anything) is to set the display for the t3-copyright elegance to none inside the custom.css file (which you may have to create if not already gift in the CSS folder). low income clinics
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.