We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Ant
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 30 August 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
I am having a problem resizing the modules If the site is not responsive. I notice that on the module positions tab in layout that the resize handles are hidden through css. If I set them to display then resizing the modules seems to work ok. The question is do I have to set something in order for the resize handles to display by default or are they hidden on purpose or due to a bug? Thanks.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Ant,

The resize handle in Layout tab on visible if you switch to Responsive Mode (on Layout tab).
But If you turn off Responsive (in General tab), the Responsive Mode does not have effect.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the response but for me this means that if I have a non-responsive website then the position widths in a spotlight cannot be modified and they will always be of equal widths when making modifications through the layout tab. You cannot make a non-responsive layout with different width positions like you can in a responsive layout without modifying template block or ini files directly.

It would be nice to have this functionality in the template admin and as I previously said it is already there but just set not to display in the plugin layout.css file.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
You can change the width of spotlight's blocks, by editing the following file: t3_blank/etc/layout/yourlayout.ini
it's not so difficult
For example:

[block2@spotlight-3]
default="span4"
position="position-10"

makes the second block, of the third spotlight, to have a width of 4
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.