We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Dan
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 08 November 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Is it possible to assign different menus (distinct menu modules) to the main nav area for use with the megamenu? For example, on the Home page the main menu module appears as a megamenu, and on the Blog page a menu module for a menu named "blogmenu" is used for the megamenu in the mainnav position

The megamenu interface lets you select and save layouts for multiple menus, so I assumed it was possible to have it control different megamenus on different pages, but I cannot get this to work. Even if I assign separate template styles to pages where I have assigned a different menu module to the mainnav position, if I am using megamenu I can only get the mainmenu module to appear. I have to turn megamenu off and use a regular Joomla menu module if I want to use a different menu on some pages.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Dan,

Even if I assign separate template styles to pages where I have assigned a different menu module to the mainnav position

You do it right.
But for megamenu, you need to go to each template style, and select the menu for that style for Menu field in Navigation tab (not the mainnav module position).
The Menu field setting is not "global" options. It will affect the current template style only.
Then you can assign the template style for the menu item you want.

I can get it work here.

Regards
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.