We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. carlos cipolatti
  2. General Discussion
  3. Thursday, 20 June 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Good morning, I would like to know how is the procedure to get the same height on the content and sidebar columns. Like for example you used in your JA FUBIX template.

I placed the code to call the file "jquery.equalheight.js" in "head.php" as follows:

/ / HEAD BASE T3
$ this-> AddHead ();
$ this-> addScript (T3_URL. '/ js / jquery.equalheight.js');

and have not gotten any results.
What I do wrong?. What I need to do?.

I would appreciate a lot your cooperation. From already thank you very much.

My configuration:
Joomla_2.5.11
"t3_blank.v1.2.5" and "plg_system_t3.v1.2.6"
running locally on XAMPP for Windows 1.7.3

Note: English by google translator :-( sorry!!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi carlos cipolatti,

Those line codes above i just included the library for equal height function.
You need to execute this function on specific case. For example

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$('#ja-ul-lastnews > li').equalHeight();
});
</script>

You can add this block code just after the markup render.

You can take a look on JA Fubix for more information. Though on JA Fubix, we juse

$('#ja-ul-lastnews > li').liveeqboxs();
});
</script>

This function is written in another script file and internally call equalHeight function.

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
thank you very much for your answer. I've tried it and it works great.
thank you!!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
in case anyone needs it. I will leave the complete solution that worked for me my to get the same height on the content and sidebar columns:

templates/t3_blank/tpls/blocks/head.php

// T3 BASE HEAD
$this->addHead();
$this->addScript (T3_URL.'/js/jquery.equalheight.js'); // equalheight Script
?>
<!-- equalheight Script -->
$('.sameHeight > div').equalHeight();
});
</script>

templates/t3_blank/tpls/blocks/mainbody.php

<section id="t3-mainbody" class="container t3-mainbody">
<div class="row sameHeight">

<!-- MAIN CONTENT -->

Note: I must say that this solution is only for NO Responsive sites, because in responsive sites its still maintaining the same high value for both columns and this generates large blanks when the columns are placed below the content.

hope will be useful to someone.
regards
C.-
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Someone knows a solution that works also on responsive sites?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Someone knows a solution that works also on responsive sites?

I know this question is old but figured I'd leave the answer for others. Chris Coyier over at CSS-tricks.com has a pretty nice script that will help you out. I implemented this on the a T3-blank homepage to equalize height on spotlight modules.

var currentTallest = 0,
currentRowStart = 0,
rowDivs = new Array(),
$el,
topPosition = 0;

$('.blocks').each(function() {

$el = $(this);
topPostion = $el.position().top;

if (currentRowStart != topPostion) {

// we just came to a new row. Set all the heights on the completed row
for (currentDiv = 0 ; currentDiv < rowDivs.length ; currentDiv++) {
rowDivs[currentDiv].height(currentTallest);
}

// set the variables for the new row
rowDivs.length = 0; // empty the array
currentRowStart = topPostion;
currentTallest = $el.height();
rowDivs.push($el);

} else {

// another div on the current row. Add it to the list and check if it's taller
rowDivs.push($el);
currentTallest = (currentTallest < $el.height()) ? ($el.height()) : (currentTallest);

}

// do the last row
for (currentDiv = 0 ; currentDiv < rowDivs.length ; currentDiv++) {
rowDivs[currentDiv].height(currentTallest);
}

});

Call that script in and add a Module Class Suffix (if you are equalizing modules) to the modules you want to equalize. I did '_equalHeights' which in turn comes out to be the class '.module_equalHeights'. You can then replace '.blocks' in the script with .module_equalHeights and your containers should be equalized, even on window size change.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I'm having a little trouble with that last script. This is what I did

I copied the code you have up there and pasted it into a new .js file, saved it the the server and referenced it in the head of the theme.

Then (based on this code) I add the css selector of "blocks" to each of the columns and they should be all the same height.

it doesn't seem to be working.

And also what resets the height. For instance does it reset to all the same height within a "row" or a "container"
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
actually, I got something to work with the first example from carlos cipolatti

But it doesn't do same height. it stair steps it with each column being a bit longer than the previous one. Any suggestions on where to fix it?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
treatment of secrecy. But do not forget that the mermaid princess eventually turned into a bubble, the prince will never know that he had been so deeply loved. Philosophers have been studying for the rest of their lives, not to prove that they know more than others, their wealth is used to judge and solve the problem, the wisdom to make people happy. The same reason, love is to point a light to bring warmth, warm yourself more warm others. Like Montaigne to reveal the truth, at least you will see the smile suddenly overflowing the lips of your love, maybe this moment even the world will start to smile. Love can not be monotonous, but unique creation. Creation is lonely, those who put the seas and all the love of the argument, but is a Canada Goose pious smile, a bunch of wine and beauty, so that all seekers full of enthusiasm, unexamined away. As a philosophical layman, I above the popular feeling is far from summed up the universal, eternal truth, not to mention the treatment of love ills. But I would like to quote the words of Hamlet's friend, and this vast world is not imagined by your poor philosophy. Philosophy wants to teach us, and it is all right to look at everything equally, because the real life is plural, far from what we envisioned. In love, all the philosophy and the law are only an excuse, this road obviously everyone is walking, but no one can see footprints; we see numerous wall, but turn a blind eye.We are beggars in the face of love and happiness We are beggars in the face of love and happiness  There is such a story, the rich are always very upset, there are too many things in trouble with him, he always felt happy too far from their own, so that he can not understand the true meaning of the word ' lack. Later he met a beggar on a chair next to his own luxury hotel, and he was looking at a broken bag Nike Free 3.0 V4 looking at the hotel intends to sleep. The rich asked him why he was looking at the hotel to sleep? Beggar answered him: Oh, because of this, I can dream of sleeping in a luxurious Adidas Scarpe presidential suite, decent to enjoy the beautiful girl thoughtful service. The rich ask him, sleep where you will feel happy? Beggar said yes, because it was his long-awaited happiness, at least he saw the people living in the hotel are happy to death. The rich decided to fulfill the happiness of beggars, so beggars lucky to stay into the luxury hotel, began his happy journey, the next day the rich beggars you happy? Beggar replied, terrible, sleeping outside the hotel, he would dream of sleeping in the hotel, sleeping in the hotel, he even dreamed of sleeping in the street next to the chair, from that nightmare awakened The feeling is not happy, he would rather sleep in the street next to the chair, continued his dream. The rich at a loss, he gave the beggar long-awaited happiness, why beggars or not happy? What is happiness in the end? In fact, when faced with love and happiness, we are not another beggar? I Zapatos Nike Shox remember Blauer Nuovo a friend told me that she envy those who married, said he was hate to marry a woman, want to find a boyfriend to form a family, cold weather, early to bed, holding him through the cold winter Night, tired of a person to live a day of life; you can also have a lovely baby, and then watch him grow up with him slowly. She longed for love, longing for happiness, jealous of those who leave the marriage. And another friend moncler outlet sito ufficiale told me Zapatos Under Armour Curry that she was tired of marriage, the total can not find the happiness she wanted, the man always like a long child, like and her quarrel, sesame big little things have to enlarge into Nike Air Max Shoes a watermelon size , To discuss a clear, before they have endless talk about the topic, endless romance, after marriage, the day into a three-point, home - unit - vegetable market, day after day, repeat Monotonous, she began UGG Botas negro to envy those who single people, there is absolute freedom, can be capricious, you can 'those who hate people' chic say sorry goodbye. People who do not get love, envy people who get love, get love people envy people who marry, married people began to envy from the single day, people always in the pursuit of love and happiness, but life is always too much regret , As if love, happiness, sweet is always too far away from their own, they always stay in someone else's side. Is it that others are lucky, only we have been abandoned by happiness? In fact, we are not happy to abandon us, but we in the subconscious to enlarge the happiness of others, always according to their own see, hear things, to fantasy other people's happiness index, like to use the amplified 'happiness' to compare their ' Unfortunate 'so sorry, we always see their own pain, and ignore the pain of others, do not know, sometimes so painful you, but also the object of envy of others. Eyes, and ears will be deceptive, they will always lead us, let us ignore their own happiness. Love and happiness are a process of purification, only through the constant accumulation, will slowly taste their taste, they are not in their own side, but those subtle happiness, has been ignored by their own. Cold winter night, a warm blue mountain coffee; warm aftern
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.