We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Guest
  2. Motivator Hole-in-One Smile Seeker
  3. General Discussion
  4. Wednesday, 19 March 2014
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hi there,
my problem is the following:
i want to use font awesome icons to show facebook, youtube etc. social links in my main menu.
i have set in the joomla menu, advanced options: Add Menu Title = no.
in the megamenu i put the classes like fa-facebook.
it will show the icon, but also the word "facebook" - because i chose this as the menu title.

if i use the option to upload an image in the advanced options section, the image will appear and the word facebook (the menu title) is gone, just like the settings are supposed work.

so why does the "Add Menu Title = no" does work with an actual image, but not with an font awesome icon?
i have tried to inspect the code, but i have found no clue on where to start.

i also changed where i placed the "fa fa-facebook" tag. i tried "fa" and "fa fa-facebook" as Link CSS Style, it will show an icon. I put fa in the class and fa-facebook in the icon section of mega menu manager, and it will also show an icon. but always the "facebook" text from the title will apear ..

i am thankful for you advice!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
btw. i chose in joomla the link typ "external url"
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi, maybe you could use css declaration text-indent:-9999px; for those <li class="item-xxx(xxx=item number)"
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
that could fix the issue, but than it is not longer visible - but still there. i want it to disappear fully, google doesnt like it, when you hide text like that.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Ok, you can hide text (with css text indent, with display none, no need to block the css) and it is ok for google as long as it is not misleading / spammy. But if you have a lot more hidden text on a page then visible text then this is not a good quality signal. I have been using text-indent for hiding a text many years, never had a problem. You want to use it for better UX and that is perfectly fine. Google does it too.;)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
btw. i chose in joomla the link typ "external url"

Hi Dieter, can you tell me, how does it work? Is only the Icon visible in the menu with this method?

Thanks Arnim
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi all,

Thank you, Zdeněk Štěpánek for your answer.

For Dieter's question, Joomla does not support feature to hide menu item, so does T3 Framework. The megamenu setting panel allows you to add icon or style for menu, it has no option to hide menu title. The only way to do that is using CSS and I think Zdeněk Štěpánek's suggestion is a good idea.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I try this method, but with no good result. I have the megamenu and try to have a single home button at the start of the navigation bar.
That's the code:

<li class="current active homefocus" data-xicon="fa fa-home" data-class="homefocus" data-level="1" data-id="101">
<a class="" data-target="#" href="/test/">
<i class="fa fa-home"></i>
Home
</a>
</li>

When I try to hide the text with the css-method the text is gone, but also the icon and the size of the button is also the same. Need some help.
Thanks a lot
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi Arnim,

1. Open megamenu configuration panel, add icon class and an extra class for menu Home (check attached image)
2. Open custom.css file, add style for extra class and the icon as well.

.navbar-default .home > a {
height: 50px;
overflow: hidden;
width: 46px;
}

.navbar-default .home > a > i {
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-right: 0 !important;
}

Gardner.
Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner,

thank you very much. It works!

Cheers
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
You're welcome, Arnim ;)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Hi Arnim,

1. Open megamenu configuration panel, add icon class and an extra class for menu Home (check attached image)
2. Open custom.css file, add style for extra class and the icon as well.

}

.navbar-default .home > a > i {
}

Gardner.

Hi,

thanks for this solution! Today it stopped working after I had updated to T3 B3 Blank Template 2.2.1 and T3 System Plugin 2.5.1. I had to adjust as follows:

}

.navbar-default .home > a > span {
}
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Hi,

It means there is some change in markup, let me check. Anyway, you find out and get it worked, nice try man.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Abe on the school michael kors bags cheap scandal to accept the Congress questioned michael kors handbags sale the people asked Abe to step down
Prime Minister Michael kors factory outlet Shinzo michael kors hamilton bag Abe (in) in Nike Free Running Shoes the House of Representatives in New Nike Shoes Japan to accept Nike Air Jordan 28 the question. Nike Shox R2 TOKYO (Reuters)Nike Air Max 2017 - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo nike air jordans shoes for sale Abe accepted the question again,Nike Air Foamposite One but the review Air Jordan 26 has not yet made any real progress.Nike shoes sale Hundreds of Japanese people held a rally before the Nike Air Max congress and asked Abe nike lunar running shoes to step down immediately.Nike Air Max 90 Japan's House of Representatives Budget Committee on michael kors shoulder handbag the same day to review the Gakuen scandal,Nike Air Max Flyknit Abe and the former Nike kids kobe shoes Ministry of Science michael kors clothing mens and Technology Deputy mk wallets officials before Chuanxi Ping,Air Jordan 13 Abe assistant and Quan Yang Nike Air Max and other scandal key figures appeared in the Council.coach backpack outlet store The parties did not make any real progress.Nike Shoes for Women About 12 Michael Kors Shoulder Bags o'clock Adidas Superstar local time, Nike Air Jordan 13 hundreds of people came to Congress,coach satchel outlet for the plus school scandal michael kors handbags online and other Abe government involved in Coach cases a series of issues to protest.Adidas Shoes Outlet They held the slogan of 'Completely Identifying the Gardening Parks' and shouting slogans of 'Adidas Yeezy 750 Boost Abe immediately stepped down'.michael kors watch Fukuyama Tetsuro,Nike Air Max TN Acting Director mk men's bags of the DPRK's Nike Free Run largest opposition Michael Kors Devon Shoulder Bags party, Nike Air Max 87 said at the rally that the Abe government was unaware of the day's deliberations.Coach bags 2017 Japanese nationals believe that the Prime Minister's Nike Kobe AD 10 residence and the Coach Accessories plus school scandal coach handbags for sale can not get away,Kids Shoes Abe's support rate Cheap Michael Kors Fulton Satchles will Nike Jordan Shoes be below mk bag price malaysia the 30% mark.Adidas Originals July 24, in Tokyo,michael kors coats Japan, Prime Nike Shoes Outlet Minister Shinzo Nike Air Max 95 Abe in the Michael Kors Backpacks Sale House of Bags outlet online store Representatives in Nike Free 6.0 Japan to accept the question.Nike Free 5.0 Running Shoes Xinhua News Agency reporter Nike Free 5.0 V4 Ma Ping said that coach trifold wallet the ruling party Liberal Democratic coach wallet outlet Party in the Tokyo parliamentary nike air foamposite pro elections in the defeat,coach canvas tote the people of the Abe nike zoom shoes government nike free shoes mens criticism is coach crossbody sale escalating,Basketball Shoes and Abe appeared in the council NIKE AIR MAX 90 can not quell the criticism of the public,Nike Kobe AD 9 Will only make it intensified.michael kors shirts The Japanese Shoes Outlet Congress has examined the Nike Free Gardening scandal on the 10th of this month,Light Up Shoes but has not made Micheal kors Cynthia mini any real progress.Nike Air Pegasus 83 At that time abroad Michael kors on sale visit Abe did not Michale Kors Bags attend the Nike Air Jordan CDP deliberations,Nike Kevin Durant 7 was criticized for Nike shoes max lack of sincerity to explain Nike Free Running Shoes to the 2015 Mk Bags people.Nike Air Foamposite Pro As the recent Abe Cabinet support rate has fallen below 30%, in order to retain public opinion, Abe agreed to appear on the 13th Council, Nike James Lebron 12 plus school scandal and other Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 issues to accept Coach bags 2017 the question.michael kors women's shoes Japan's 'Daily News' announced the latest poll on the 23rd,Michael Kors Men's bags Abe's cabinet michael kors kids shoes support rate michael kors Cheap Michael Kors Satchels clothing discount has dropped Nike Air Max 2010 to 26%,Nike Running Shoes once again refresh Abe once again Cheap Michael Kors Satchels since the ruling cheap nike air max shoes rate of the Michael kors satchel Medieum lowest record. 'Nike Heels Boots Asahi Shimbun' 2015 Mk Bags revealed in Nike Kobe 9 Low May this year that some of the documents were coach handbags vintage suspected of being coach hobo bags coach tote bags on sale clearance a document of the nike sb dunks Ministry of Education,Nike Air Max 2016 Culture, Sports,Nike Free 3.0 V2 Science and Nike Air Jordan 15 Technology,Coach Jewelry which included plans to use the 'COACH Luggage Bags National Strategic Special Zone' as a new Nike air force director of nike lebron shoes the College 2015 Mk Naomi Satchles of Veterinary Michael Kors Chelsea Shoulder Bags Medicine.Nike Air Foamposite Materials said that the process of accelerating Coach bags 2016 the advance of the new Veterinary College was 'Nike Lunar Haze instructions from nike free running shoes the top of 2015 Mk Selma Satchles the residence.'
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
nter bursts of summer rain and snow. Woman: Oh, it's a natural disaster. How did you come over these years? Male: full of dust Nike Free Running Shoes and dust smoke, black Cheap Nike Shoes For Men hands black fingers black. Female; alas, not easy. So what do you see my first feeling? Male: Suddenly - night spring, thousands of trees million pear flowers open. Female: (blush) so well? Male: dross by the transmission of non-beauty, Danqing difficult to write the spirit. Female: flattery - are you ideal? Male: his years, then Lingyun Chi, dare to laugh Huang Chao not husband. Female: you ... the view of love? Male: only in this mountain, cloud deep do not know at the Department. Female: Do you like reading? Male: military book twelve volumes, volumes have Ye name! Female: This cattle blowing big? You so big talent, how is it alone? Male: aunt did not marry the body as sent, lotus heart more bitter self-knowledge. Girl: (laughs) If i'm saying if i promised to marry you, how are you going to treat me? M: a Bing heart in the jade pot! Female: Do you promise not to be tempted by other women? Male: waves oath, concubine heart ancient well water. Woman: for the time being believe you back, but Womens Air Max I was going to study in the United States, you can wait for me? Male: this to the years, should be a beautiful beauty of the virtual. Female: but ... Male: alone railing, infinite Cheap Nike Shoes Sale country, sometimes easy to see when difficult! Female: but ... Male: Wang Fu Department, river leisurely, into a stone, do not look back! Female; okay, afraid of you ......... After marriage Female: married so long, you still think your original girlfriend? Male: once the sea is difficult for the water, except Wushan is not a cloud Female: why did you still marry me then? M: the dream do not know the body is a guest, a long Free Run Shoes greed. Air Jordan 10 Female: too much of it We are good or bad. Male: husband and wife this is the same with the birds, disaster early fly. Female: that we this marriage, how do you see? M: wake up a few look to Chu Feng, dream is still chilling! Female: Is it so miserable? You do not mean to my first impression ... Male: beautiful flowers full of spring house, only partridge flying around. Female: not so to say it, do not you even ... M: the old dirty enough to boast, the current flirting. Female: friends have been writing to tell me I do not believe, did not think it was really! M: the paper came to the end of the light, never know the matter to bow. Female: where did your original ideal go? M: and the floating name, for the pour low singing. Female: (tears hazy) you, you are not promised a Bingxin it? M: Do not bear to see this thing, burning has become gray. Female: You are not afraid of friends and relatives ridicule, later reviled? Male: would rather hold incense sticks dead, why had blown off the north wind. Woman: Do I have to agree to break up? Male: break up for the brothers, why not do bones and bones. Female: yes, enough Continuation: male and female exchange first Before marriage M: Hello, beautiful yo? Female: late makeup early Ming muscle snow, spring house ? ? �� a � ? � ? �� ? �� ? �� ? �� ? �� ? �� ? �� ? �� ? � M: Are you still in the boudoir? Female: independent flower before, more listen to the song full of painting boat M: how are you so beautiful no boyfriend? Female: spring first-class young heart, leisurely hate (Zhaozong emperor 'Wushan a cloud') M: You will not lie to me, is not that you Mens Nike Shoes Sale have a boyfriend? Female: Qiluo no time when things, Luhua dripping tears M: Oh, it's blown. Are you sad Female: past has become empty, but also a dream (Li Yu 'Midnight') Male: infatuated woman ruthless man. Do you still love him? Female: empty holding band, back to hate Yiyi (Li Yu 'Linjiang cents') M: (now cheeky) Are you lonely now? Female: �� color into the high-rise, some people upstairs worry (Li Bai 'Buddha pretty') Male: (impatient) Can we make friends? Female: (face exposed shame) Luoyang spring to be Jun, Mo to fall like a grazing (Ouyang Xiu 'jade floor spring') M: (laughs) Oh, Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes that's fine. do you miss me? Female: Recently the heart is Authentic Nike Shoes Sale more cut, for Si Jun (Wen Tingyun 'South song') Man: that we drink a cup of heart wine, happy knot together? Female: dance Xu skirt with green double hanging, wine into the fragrant blush (Ouyang Xiu 'jade floor spring') M: Can you keep you long? Female: With the East wind blowing dreams, and Lang all day long things M: Really? Female: for the king haggard to do, flowers (Wen Tingyun 'Xia tears of God') Male: ... Female: Yi Jun bowel off, hate Chun Xiao (Wen Tingyun 'more leaking child') M: good, okay. You do not marry you. After marriage: M: (phone) dear you want me? Female: Bamboo sticks, Bamboo skills, tears little sent Acacia (Liu Yuxi 'Xia tears of God') M: (phone) Really? Did not lie to me? Female: red candle back, embroidered curtain hanging, dream long Jun I do not know (Wen Tingyun 'more leaking') M: (phone) is it? I miss you too. Female: only willing to heart like my heart, will not live with Acacia Italy (Lee's instrument <Bu operator>;) M: I'm sorry, I'll be back soon. Female: moonlight screen, hate Yiyi (Mao Wenxi <shenzhen hate>;) (Business tri
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 14
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.