We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Peto
  2. General Discussion
  3. Saturday, 22 March 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi guys :)

I have site, that I got done on freelancer.com, one of requirements was T3 framework and mega menu, as it looked good when I was requesting this :)
It was a while ago and now, when the site went online I found something that I want to change, but "support" is not available on freelancer anymore :/
Site is running on T3 1.2.1 (I know it's old, but when I tried to upgrade at least to 1.4.x, I experienced many problems with template behaviour)
The problem is, that my site shows only current page in breadcrumbs (Home > active page), also in url (http://site.com/active-page) and I don't have main item (category) highlighted in menu :(

is there a trick to fix this ? so I can have breadcrumbs, url and highlighting working ? at least one of category to be shown ? (it's always 2 categories - like "Home > Menu item category > Megamenu module name > active page";)

thank you very much for any help
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I've looked better into megamenu configuration in database and fixed the menu by removing unnecessary rows on top of submenus :)

I know that it's easy to edit megamenu in backend, but with 1.2.1 I'm getting error with paths to t3-assets etc. - well, this is fixed in 1.4.3 of course, but when I upgrade to 1.4.3, my menu is flickering (I don't want any slide/fade effects, just stay open while moving between menu items).

I had something like this:
{\"item-103\":{\"sub\":{\"rows\":[[{\"item\":342,\"width\":12}],[{\"position\":108,\"width\":4},{\"position\":107,\"width\":4},{\"position\":109,\"width\":4}]]}

and just removed unnecessary row to make it like this:
{\"item-103\":{\"sub\":{\"rows\":[[{\"position\":108,\"width\":4},{\"position\":107,\"width\":4},{\"position\":109,\"width\":4}]]}

but anyways, thanks for support :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
OK, so I can fix all my problems by moving all submenus into main menu and modifying modules to show only a portion of main menu, but I have problem that I see megamenu and classic menu in same dropdown :( How can I remove the dropdown ?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Peto,

I checked and it worked fine from my side: T3 blank template version 1.2.1, t3 plugin version 1.2.1

Can you share your site url, it's better so see real demo.

P/S: Did you try to upgrade with JA extension manager? It's the best choice when you want to upgrade any extension from JoomlArt.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Luna, thanks for reply

I've put screenshot here from my dev (local copy). First column is moved to mainmenu, other 2 are still in separate menus. I tried to upgrade with JA extension manager, but ended up with same result - something gets replaced and template is not working as before. It looks nearly the same, but for example moving between menu items causes Mega Menu to flicker (no JS errors in console).

I've upgraded to 1.4.3, fixed J3.2.2 bug (blank screen on template manager) and in Mega Menu editor I'm able to remove top dropdown, but I don't know where it's saved. I can simply move menus and then manually remove those dropdowns from megamenu in configuration file/db? and remain on 1.2.1
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Peto,

I am afraid that I can not give you solution if I can not see it in real demo, your site is still in local? So I guest there is no way for me to check it in your site.

Megamenu settings are saved in database, but it's not recommended to change in database. The megamenu setting panel is very clear and easy to use. I suggest that you should create new menu structure, it does not take much time.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.