We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Hasan
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 27 May 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,
For one of my customer I need to turn T3's flat design into gradient design (just like old bootstrap 2 version). How can I do that? For example 3d buttons, navbars etc.

Thanks.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Hasan,

It depends on which Bootstrap version is. Bootstrap 2 is gradient design while Bootstrap 3 is flat design. T3 blank template integrates Bootstrap 2 then it has gradient style and T3 BS3 Blank template integrates Bootstrap 3 then it has flat design.

If you want to have gradient design, you can use T3 blank template instead of T3 BS3 Blank.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thank you for the reply. But if I use T3 Blank (instead of BS3 one) I won't have Bootstrap3 version, right?
I want to use Bootstrap 3 with gradient design, is that possible?

Thanks
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Yeah, T3 Blank uses Bootstrap 2.

The style of Bootstrap 3 is flat design, however if you want gradient design, it's always possible. You can use CSS to do that.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi, I'm new to joomla. I'm trying to learn.

Is the main purpose for t3_bs3 to be flat compared to t3_blank (bs2)? Is that all?

If you want a gradient navbar in t3_bs3, do you make changes to variables.less?

Are all CSS files changed when you compile? Or, is there a protected CSS file somewhere that is unaffected by compile? I'm trying to understand when to work in CSS vs when to work in LESS.

Is it possible to use a background-image for navbar instead of background-color?

Thanks!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Dave,

Here are my answer for your questions:

1, Is the main purpose for t3_bs3 to be flat compared to t3_blank (bs2)? Is that all?

A. Not really, T3 bs3 blank template integrate Bootstrap 3 and font awesome 4 while T3 Blank integrates Bootstrap 2 and font awesome 3. Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3 have huge improvement and they are independent then we have to develop 2 different base templates: T3 Blank and T3 BS3 Blank.

2. If you want a gradient navbar in t3_bs3, do you make changes to variables.less?

A. using CSS is the best way to do this, overriding style.

3. Are all CSS files changed when you compile? Or, is there a protected CSS file somewhere that is unaffected by compile? I'm trying to understand when to work in CSS vs when to work in LESS.

A. There is one file that is not overridden when you compile LESS to CSS - custom.css. The file is not included by default, it's user customization file so you have to create it by yourself. The file works with both enabled dev mode and disabled dev mode.

4. Is it possible to use a background-image for navbar instead of background-color?

A. With the power of CSS, you can do anything.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.