We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Sepp Müller
  2. General Discussion
  3. Wednesday, 25 June 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Dear Support Team,

Beside having a mega menu top navigation I would like to have 1. one more in the content area (module position) for the homepage only.
2. One Tab of the menu should be open by default (onLoad), but useable as intended (Disapear when I hover over other items.)

Please have a look at the Infineon website.
In the content area they have also a navigation.

I found a dropdown at the settings where I assumingly can select different Navigations. At the moment "Main Menu" is predefined. See attachment.
I would like to administrate the content mega menu like I did it for the top-navigation.

Thanks for the help!!!
Sep
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Sepp Muller,

Please refer to the documentation: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#multi-instance-megamenu

The docs will guide you how to create multi instance megamenu.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Dear Gardener,

Thank you very much for your advice.
In my case I don't like to have different items to the top-navi. It should be almost the same (except 2 of the items).
I would like to referre to the "Main Menu" which could be found below "Menus".

As far as I understand: I have to double all items and we will have around 400.

What I did:
I made a duplicate of "Main Menu" module and positioned it at position 5.
I got a dublicate of the main menu, that's what I wished for, but It's not formated like it is in the top-Navi (Template Customizer).

Another approach would be: I follow the instructions to the point where I have to change the following code:

Find the code

<jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="<?php echo $this->getParam('mm_type', 'mainmenu') ?>" />

Replace with:

<jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="'topmenu" menutype="topmenu" />

Instead of that I would leave the sequenze as it is.
That means I would have two different .php-files (mainmenu, contentmenu - in the tutorial topmenu) in different positions, with different referenzes, but the source would be the same:
 <jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="<?php echo $this->getParam('mm_type', 'mainmenu') ?>" />

Some progress:
Now I used the tutorial you suggested, at the end I doubled the mainnav.php and made a contentnav.php. I made the customization to the point where I should change the jdoc code. But I left it as it is since I would like to have the same menu.

By the way, the code you describe in the tutorial is different to the code I got in the files.
That's my code I have in the mainnav.php:

<?php
/**
* @package T3 Blank
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
*/

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
?>

<!-- MAIN NAVIGATION -->
<nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap t3-mainnav navbar-collapse-fixed-top">
<div class="container navbar">
<div class="navbar-inner">

<button type="button" class="btn btn-navbar" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse">
<i class="icon-reorder"></i>
</button>

<div class="nav-collapse collapse<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_collapse_showsub', 1) ? ' always-show' : '' ?>">
<?php if ($this->getParam('navigation_type') == 'megamenu') : ?>
<jdoc:include type="megamenu" />
<?php else : ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('mainnav') ?>" style="raw" />
<?php endif ?>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</nav>

What do you think, Any suggestions?

Thanks alot,
Sep
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner,

1. Please, can you tell something about the differences between the screenshots in the documentation and the sourcecode in the mainnav.php?
(http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#multi-instance-megamenu)
It should be the same, shouldn't it?

2. Is it possible to "double" the main menu without dublicating all menu-items, having a menu in a module position, or wherever?

Thanks for you kind support,
Sepp.

UPDATE:

I found another entry:
http://t3-framework.org/discussions/duplicate-main-menu.html

I will check it out, maybe it helps.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Guys,

to keep you posted, here my info about the current situation.

I had no progress with the documentation. There seems to be a difference between the screenshots which are included in the documentation and the current version of
mainnav.php.
Please check that if that is an issue.
(http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#multi-instance-megamenu)

It seems logic to me to copy it and to customize it.

If I'm wrong please exuse my limited comprehension.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Sepp
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.