We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. BitByte
  2. General Discussion
  3. Sunday, 13 July 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello Folks,

I just joined Discussions and this is my first post.

I am trying to integrate my website on Joomla and thus I came up on the "T3 - Framework". I find it a rather sophisticated way of carving out a site on Joomla.

I downloaded the latest version of T3 and did a Quick Installation on my local Wamp server. Everything went well, but since T3 came with a few Templates where the site T3b3 Blank is set as Default. I tried to change the Default to some other template and it accepts the change in the "backend" by showing the golden star, but it refuses to budge - it still shows the T3b3 Blank in my browser.

What am i doing wrong? Any suggestions to fix the problem?

Thanks and regards,

BitByte
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Bitbyte,

I see that you set Protostar as the default template but some T3 template styles are assigned to menu items so that the menu items will have T3 template style overridden the Protostar. Example, the t3_bs3_blank_home is assign to home menu item, thus the home menu item get t3_bs3_blank_home template style, not Protostar.

For the upgrade issue, Please try to use JA Extension Manager to upgrade, it's faster and safer. It's a FREE extension, you can download at: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20303
Here is the video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6W0bM0duS4

For the ThemeMagic issue, could you please repeat the process how you get the issue as I can not see it. Here is the screenshot of how to access the ThemeMagic working panel: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/796/3918645512.png

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Please refer to the documentation: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-configuration#template-override
It's great if you can share some screenshots here so it's easier for us to help you.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi,

As sugested, I have posted some screenshots - perhaps you can now be able to point out the problem
Attachments (6)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner,

The screenshot of the ThemeMagic Error comes up when I use the vw-Home as my default and want to see it in that. It is using the LESS files. So I don't quite understand why it is being disabled.

Thanks for clearing up my ignorance and now I've just started understanding the T3 Framework and its intricacies. However, I don't understand the reason for putting in a plethora of Articles accompanying the templates. It does get quite overwhelming to find one's way around the so many templates.

One other thing I noticed is that the version of Bootstrap being used is 2.3.2 which is already being replaced by version 3 and up. I've installed the JA Extension Manager will check and upgrade any outdated versions. Thanks for the links. For the moment I think I can get started dabbling with T3.

Of course there will be further pitfalls as one goes deeper into the application and will certainly be gasping for help, but I hope not too soon. After all we also need some time to celebrate our footballers and it is not so often that one gets to to be Champions!

So "Prost!" for the moment and have a nice day or morning or evening..

Thank you and warm regards,

BitByte
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
One thing for sure, once you understand how T3 works, you'll find it the best framework. Anytime you need help, let me know. I am here to help you ;)

P/S: There are 2 based template: T3 Blank template that support Bootstrap 2 and T3 BS3 Blank template that supports Bootstrap 3. We are working on Bootstrap 3 upgrade.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.