We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Can
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 21 July 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Using T3 BS3 Blank

I have a footer menu with 3 menu items.

I want to change the color and other styling of those menu items located in the footer menu.

ThemeMagic has options to change footer styles of:

Footer Background
Footer Text Color
Footer Module Background
Footer Module Text Color
Footer Module Title Color

However, none of these work. I believe this is because ...
1) Although the "footer menu" itself is a module, the "menu items" are not
2) The "menu items" are also not the "footer itself"

I suppose it can be done by editing/ creating new fields in thememagic.xml ..... but I don't know what paramaters to use for "menu item styles"

How do you make styling changes to "menu items" located in a footer menu?

Thanks.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

The params in the thememagic you mentioned are for module, it's not for menu items.
To style for a specific menu item, please open the menu item setting panel, in the "Link Type", add a class to the field "Link CSS Style". Next, add style for the class in the custom.css file. Please check the image:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/802/2034112108.png

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thanks. That is an option to manually style each menu item link. It worked for the menu item links located in the footer.

1) How do you style the "highlighted border" around menu items such as on active/focus/hover?

2) Will the manual changes in CSS be overwritten when LESS compiles to CSS? Which CSS files are created / overwritten when LESS compiles?

3) Is it possible to add these "menu item" style changes as options to ThemeMagic (similar to "module" formatting mentioned above)? If so, how?

4) Would such overrides work for "menu items" in the "Nav Bar" or "Sidebar" as well?
--> I tried the suggested method for menu items in these areas and it did not work.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Can,

1) How do you style the "highlighted border" around menu items such as on active/focus/hover?

A: after adding class for the menu item, open the custom.css then add the following css rule:

ul.nav li a.company {
color: #c00;
border: 1px solid #c00;
}

Please check the image: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/802/6280205435.png

2) Will the manual changes in CSS be overwritten when LESS compiles to CSS? Which CSS files are created / overwritten when LESS compiles?

A: if you add CSS to the custom.css file (templates/t3_bs3_blank/css), it will not be overridden. If you add CSS to any other css file, it can be overridden when you compile LESS to CSS.

3) Is it possible to add these "menu item" style changes as options to ThemeMagic (similar to "module" formatting mentioned above)? If so, how?

A: we suggest not to do that as it's quite complex. Please follow the instruction in the question 1 to do such kind of customization.

4) Would such overrides work for "menu items" in the "Nav Bar" or "Sidebar" as well?
--> I tried the suggested method for menu items in these areas and it did not work.

A: you can override any menu item in the nav bar or sidebar.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Thank you Gardner.

1) Override style changes do not apply to "collapsed menu bar vertical stack" in small screen sizes for main menu

2) Don't know how to override the "current selected" menu item background color (the one that is assigned to "Brand Primary Color" by default in ThemeMagic) .. I can override others fine (hover, visited, active etc...)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi, I'm following this thread as I learn T3.

The last two items mentioned by Can on July 23 -- are these bugs, or have they been resolved?

Thx!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
No, they are not bugs, it belongs to customization so I am afraid that it's out of our support scope.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.