We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. dilby
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 18 August 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi all -

I'm doing some research trying to learn more about adding extra fields to articles and came across these two links:

http://www.joomlart.com/tutorials/joomla-tutorials/extending-your-joomla-com-content
http://t3-framework.org/documentation/extend-com-content.html#add-extra-fields

My main question I'm trying to get to grips with is this: What does T3 specifically add to this process? The first link merely states that the Purity template takes advantage of Joomla's new (albeit infant) CCK, while the second link states that it's a t3 feature. However from what I can see, it's only Joomla itself that allows the addition of extra fields and content template overrides etc, and the t3 files remain untouched?

Any input from anyone? I'd love to know if there are actually features to this that t3 make possible.

Thanks! :)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The first one is from Purity, the template includes a lot of overridden layouts that is ready to use. This feature is actually supported by T3 but Purity III template includes many overridden elements that fit multiple purposes: blog, magazine, portfolio, etc.

T3 blank or T3 bs3 blank template include very basic overridden com_content, you can extend more based on your site requirement.

Hope it help you.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner, thanks for the reply.

After reading your reply and doing some other research, it would appear that some templates such as purity 'support' it in the way of coming with those predefined overrides like you mentioned, but there's not actually additional features it provides. In short, it seems you could still perform the same functions without T3.

Thanks again and hope that helps someone else.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Not really, custom field is an example. It can not be implemented in Joomla CCK. T3 makes things simple for user to build a template and customizing it.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Strange.. I did it without t3 just fine....
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
The problem is the effort to do that. We can do everything manually but we can do it better and faster with supported tools.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.