We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. lorddonk
  2. General Discussion
  3. Sunday, 21 July 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Is it possible to just have one module position that will just take whatever is in that position and figure out the widths on its own?

I have been trying to figure this out, for example, I would just like to have a "top" position. And if I put 3 modules in that position, it defaults to setting them to span4 if I take one off then it changes to span6, etc.

For my intended audience I think having a top-1, top-2, top-3 etc. position is confusing for them. They don't want to have a fixed number per page, for example, they have 3 services on the homepage that links into articles about them. If they click into one of them, then one of the modules go away because it is redundant to have that module again that links to the very page they are on.

Can anyone help with this?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi lorddonk,

Unfortunately, T3 does not have any function for this kind.
Though, you can check the number of module and render those modules with the "width" you want.

You can try to use JModuleHelper::getModules('positionname') and check for the number of modules that publish in this position.
Then you can determine the width and render those with a module chrome function.
http://docs.joomla.org/Module_chrome

Regards
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.