We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Alastair Atkinson
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 16 December 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi there, I wonder can anybody help me?

I am developing a website for a charity I do some work with. The template Purity III by joomlart, running T3 framework. I have K2 installed that I want to add items to different pages etc. I want to extend it even further with a forum and other items. But this is for the future and only if the site loads up quicker than it currently does.

The loading performance has fallen off a cliff, it takes 70 seconds plus to load up.

Once loaded up, the site runs very well, and pages load very quickly, it's just that initial load up. There is very little on the main page.

I have tried lots of things to improve, cache, gzip, conservative cache, the system chache plugin, plus JCH Optimize. Nothing is doing the job. I just don't know what to do to improve this situation.

Can someone help me out please to point me in the right direction for getting a decent loading time.

If I can't get this sorted, then I will have to ditch this template and go to something that is quicker.

Here is the website if anyone wants to take on this problem.

http://www.temp2.stchadssanctuary.com

Can anyone recommend a cheap (if not free) responsive template where I can achieve the things I want to do with the one listed above.

Thanks
References
  1. http://www.temp2.stchadssanctuary.com
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Alastair,

Please PM me your site admin account, I will check the settings to see if I can help to improve its performance and check what makes the site performance so slow.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi there Gardner,

Thanks very much for your kind offer.

I think I may have found the issue.

I had the system cache enabled, but inside the plugin I had not enabled browser cache. I have now enabled this and the sites performance is a lot better. Not spectacular on first load up, but a lot better.

It got me wondering what effect the other elements have on site performance, gzip etc.

I also looked at a video of whether to use conservative or progressive cache. The video was a little confusing as it suggested that [given the type of site I have] firstly I might want to use Conservative cache, then in summary it said something else which suggested that Progressive cache might be better.

It was my understanding that if I want all my viewers, no matter where they are located in the world, to see the same pages, and the content of those pages did not change that much [I not a continual news feed situation] then I should use conservative cache. Alternatively, if my site was lets say, similar to a news site, such as the BBC, where it is continually changing, and does change depending upon where in the world you view it, then one should use progressive cache.

As my site is the former rather than the latter, I am using conservative cache.

I wonder if you concur with this summary of conservative and progressive cache.

Thanks again for your kind offer, but I think I may be ok now.

Kind regards

AL
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Alstair,

Yeah, cache is an important part of site performance, your understanding about Joomla Cache types is correct. Conservative cache is best choice with your site. Also please make sure you turn the dev mode off and turn on the CSS and JS compresstion (Extensions > template manager > open T3 BS3 Blank template style, you will see the settings in the "Global" tab.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.