We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Martin Bjørnskov
  2. General Discussion
  3. Saturday, 10 August 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

I am using the T3 theme with with Joomla 3.1.5.

I made an article and a separate article template for having a different design on article pages than the frontpage.

I want to upload a full article or intro image and then use the call for that to fetch it into the background instead of article. I found some forums where i am told to edit the default.php file and see the command in that file (source) (location: /components/com_content/views/article/tmpl/default.php)

But this only affects the prostar template. I tried activating this theme and edited the file and it worked just fine. But when i am trying to activate T3 again, it suddenly stops working. It does load the full article image, but does not seem to get the information from the default.php

My question is, where T3 is fetching its data from to the article view? I just want to find that file.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Martin Bjørnskov
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey Martin,

I just went through a similar issue with T3 Blank using Joomla 3.1. I made an override for blog_item.php, creating the directory structure: template/t3_blank/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php. I copied the blog_item.php from /components/com_content/views/category/tmpl/blog_item.php to this directory to alter for my purposes. It worked in overriding but clearly wasn't the same blog_item.php as T3 uses by default.

After some digging around in the directories I found that I had to copy the blog_item.php from /plugins/system/t3/base/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

This is the blog_item.php that T3 uses by default.

Hopes this helps somebody if not you Martin! (My google searches on the issue had no results)

Cheers!

Nathan
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # Permalink
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Martin,

T3 overwrite the html of core Joomla by default. This will help template running on T3 will output the same content regardless J2.5 or J3.x

For overwrite the output, you should never overwrite the core file. (/components/com_content/views/article/tmpl/default.php)
Please use the official way
http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_output_from_the_Joomla!_core

Hope it helps,

Regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.