We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Thomas Fischer
  2. General Discussion
  3. Tuesday, 25 August 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hey there,

we built a website using the t3 framework and bs3 blank template (actually we already built a lot of websites with the fw). So, this website belongs to a customer, set up in froxlor. This customer wants another site looking just slightly different as the existent one:
I copied this website (all files, made a database dump), set up a new database, imported the dump, copied the files via console (cp -a ...) into a new folder, pointed a subdomain to that folder, changed the database settings in the config.php file and the site works perfectly (aka looks exactly like the copied site).

After changing some things like doing some stuff in megamenu, changing one or two links here and there, the template suddenly switches to default! Like showing the t3 logo in the footer, changing the layout to (in this case) default-content-left (it should be set to 'default'), the theme (template settings -> theme) is set back to standard and the sites logo isn't set anymore. This has NEVER happened before, and it occured on this site like 5 times in the last 3 hours. I don't know what to do, where to look for any errors and slowly I'm getting really pissed off. That is a really annoying bug or problem (maybe caused through us/our servers), but I need to know if there is any knowledge about that problem and hopefully somebody can help. OMG PLS

Thank your for reading and any answers to this problem,

regards
Thomas
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Thomas,

I don't really know what causes the issues in your site. The best way to duplicate a site is using akeeba, take full backup and do restore in a new site and you can do changes, it will work.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hey,

thanks for the answer. I found some other topics on Joomlart which have slightly the same problem. The problem seems to be caused by the subline on mega menu. It may have problems with certain characters, such as the german umlaute and other things. Right now I'm doing it without the sublines and look if the problem will occur in the near future.

Thanks and regards
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Yeah, language with special characters sometimes cause issues, we will check the issue.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Any news on this thread since august?

I have almost the same issue. I want to restore a template, but all settings got lost. Template layout, logo image and the worst: custom code! We used several custom code on that site.

Can anyone tell me, where those settings are stored, so I can restore them?

Thanks a lot.

PS: My site also uses special characters
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Marion,

Are you using latest version of t3 plugin and template?

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Yes, I use the latest version. I guess its megamenu causing all those issues.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Does anybody can help me ?
I need to restore a template with all template settings.
How can I backup T3 template settings ?
Thanks in advance
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi @Antonio,

There is no option to backup T3 template settings, I suggest you to akeeba backup to backup full site, database. It is free extension, you can find more info at this link: https://www.akeebabackup.com/

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.