We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Elias
  2. General Discussion
  3. Thursday, 24 September 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,
please guide to me to add more positions into a block. My current layout "takes only one" module as I understand. I read the instructions and they said "Based on Bootstrap Grid, you can add up to 6 module positions to a spotlight area which can be resized by adjusting the resizer bar to the left/right.
You can change the module position by clicking on the configuration icon on the top right."
I can't find the resizer bar!:(

I start reading but I don't speak very well english. I learn though;)

So what should I do to add more positions at the layout. As you can see in the pic, all blocks are 12. How can I make them diffirent? 6+6 or 4+4+4...etc?
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

To add new position to a block, please open the .php file of the block and define new position using the following format:

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('your_module_position_name') ?>" />

If you want to add multiple module positions and fix the width of the position as you mentioned in your message, you could use:

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6 col-xs-12">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('position-1') ?>" />
</div>
<div class="col-md-6 col-xs-12">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('position-2') ?>" />
</div>
</div>

In the above code, you have 2 positions: position-1 and position-2 and its width is 6 + 6 on normal layout (laptop and desktop) and full width (12 columns) in mobile. col-md is to define width in normal layout, col-sm is to define width in small layout (tablet) and col-xs is to define width in extra small layout (mobile)

To understand more about this, you should understand the bootstrap responsive grid system: http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid

Regards.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.