We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. Norman Albala
  2. General Discussion
  3. Friday, 18 December 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi : I saw a very useful discussion about adding blocks on September 29 2014 and then again on September 25 2015, both solved by Gardner Luna . In the oldest one there is a remark by Francisco Diaz about the importance of making the changes under the <blockquote>local</blockquote> folder , to keep them safe from future template updates. And this is clear to me. My question is how do you keep safe the changes ( the new positions definitions) made in file templateDetails.xml file which i assume is rewritten by new template updates.
Thanks in advance!
Norman
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

The templateDetails.xml file just contains position name, the actual positions positions are defined in block files (tpls/blocks) so even the templateDetails.xml is overwritten, it does not affect what you have done so no risk in this case.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I do store all changed files in the local folder. Nevertheless, my template settings (responsive layout settings, logo image, custom code) sometimes get lost. I did not found any solution how to prevent this yet.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi,

The process is auto, that means, when you do any customization, the changes are saved to the local folder. If you do customization in files, please make sure the path is correct: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/extend-com-content#isolate-template >> Check the section: Structure of the "local" folder

You can rename the "local" folder to test if the changes are applied or not.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.