We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. immedesign
  2. General Discussion
  3. Sunday, 20 December 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

I've been using this great framework for some time now. But I was wondering, does anybody know how to auto close off-canvas when a link is clicked?

I know that there is a way to accomplish this but js is not my strongest suit.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm building a single-page site using t3-framework that only uses anchor points.
If anybody can help me out with this or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

The off-canvas is auto close when the page is reloaded, when you click on a menu item that is linked to a page, it means the page is reloaded so Off-canvas should be closed. Please check again or you can share your site url here so we can have closer check.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Gardner,

Yes, normally it would auto close when a (new) page is loaded. But this time no new page is being loaded, de site uses anchor points so everyting is on one single page.

Let's say I build a traditional website, I click on a link in off-canvas and the corrosponding page is loaded. So off-canvas starts again in it's off state. Nothing wrong with that.
But now no page is loaded because every page is laid underneath each other using anchor points to href them.

Because no new page is loaded off-canvas does not revert to it's off state. You have to manualy close off-canvas so the page can scroll to the page corrosponding to the anchor link clicked.

I was wondering if anybody knows if the same effect as clicking on the off-canvas-toggle button (or of to the side to close off-canvas) can be applied to a link in off-canvas itself?
So when you click the link, off-canvas closes so the page can scroll up or down to the content.

You can find the unfinished site hier. Please view it on a small screen to better understand what I mean.

Thanks,
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I see your expectation, however, this will require customization: CSS + JS but I am afraid it is out of support scope. Maybe you should hire some dev to implement that.

Regards.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.