We moved to new unified forum!

Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.

T3 Community Discussion & Support

Let's build the best free Joomla template framework, together!
  1. [email protected]
  2. General Discussion
  3. Saturday, 02 November 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi there, I am new to this and have a problem.(Joomla 2.5.14 - VM 2.0.24 - T3 Framework).
I started experimenting with T3 - built a Megamenu and out of the blue it stopped working.
I uninstalled T3 & JA extensions and reinstalled only T3 Package.
I customized t3 template re created the megamenu but still not working.
It seems that though it says "Saved succesfully" it doesn't save the change.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
You probably have a setting wrong. The template style you are using needs to be made the default style or assigned to some pages. The megamenu needs to be active and configured to use a menu you've created with some items in it. Make sure everything is published and the access controls aren't blocking the menu.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I have exactly the same problem. Out of nowhere, the megamenu stopped saving changes. I checked everything from the post above and it seems ok. Except access controls (i don't know what theese are).
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Got the same problem, can't save any more, just can't believe that something so basic as saving the changes can't be done!! So many people complaining about the same and no one is giving a solution, I can't find it logical, I guess many people had worked hard to get this project to work, and this is the goal? Well, good joke!!
I'm very upset because after a year working on a site, I was to launch it today, but I got this problem and I cannot find the solution, I have the feeling I'm working with child toys instead of professional software.
GOOD WORK!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
MY SOLUTION!

I had assigned a module to a menu, this module has different styles, so it seems that when I use the complex style then if I want to make changes in megamenu, then it will not save them, but, if I select the simple design inside the module before entering megamenu then I will be able to make changes and save under megamenu.

So it seems that megamenu doesn't like some code on assigned modules - it could be perfect if it doesn't read it!

Hope this will help for those suffering this problem!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi guys,

I'll check the issue, I need to test it and if it's a bug, we'll fix it for sure. The feature should work as we did test whenever we release a version and this is the very main feature, we should not have missed it.

P/S: could you please provide the info of t3 blank/t3 bs3 blank template and t3 plugin, it will help me to check easier and faster.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi all,

I did test and it worked properly, this problem can be related to permission.

Please check the references:
http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?82952-Mega-menu-stopped-working-after-upgrading-from-RC1-to-RC2-cannot-save-changes.&s=738383b3353c0efb9b86dfa93750caa1
http://t3-framework.org/discussions/changes-in-t3-template-not-being-saved-anymore.html

If it does not help, you guys can pm your site url, admin account, FTP info so that I can have closer check.

Gardner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Discussion
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.